• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Govt Survey: "Your Response is Required by Law"

Started by Frisco06, October 31, 2007, 10:36 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Raineyrocks

Quote from: dEadERest on November 02, 2007, 09:46 AM NHFT
isn't the simple answer Amendment XIII, Section 1,
The Constitution of the United States?

Amendment XIII

Section 1. Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.

I understand what your saying about The Constitution but isn't that one about slavery or do you mean people shouldn't get in trouble unless they committed a crime?

dEadERest

Is filling out a form "work" or "joyful avocation"?
If it's work, isn't it work required to serve the gov't?
And, if so, isn't it "involuntary servitude"?

I have thought for a long time that this was the one good argument against filling out tax forms. I'm required to do uncompensated work for the gov't (filing, calculating, procuring postage, etc.).

remember, I'm stupider than error . . .
http://newhampshireunderground.com/forum/index.php?topic=11414.msg195786#msg195786

error

Raineyrocks

Quote from: dEadERest on November 02, 2007, 10:05 AM NHFT
Is filling out a form "work" or "joyful avocation"?
If it's work, isn't it work required to serve the gov't?
And, if so, isn't it "involuntary servitude"?

I have thought for a long time that this was the one good argument against filling out tax forms. I'm required to do uncompensated work for the gov't (filing, calculating, procuring postage, etc.).

remember, I'm stupider than error . . .
http://newhampshireunderground.com/forum/index.php?topic=11414.msg195786#msg195786

I don't think you or Error are stupid. :)  Actually you make a very good point, thanks! :)

dEadERest

Checkpoint

WorldNetDaily published an article the other day regarding the American Community Survey Interrogation & the fact that the Census Bureau hasn't attempted to fine anyone for refusing to participate in this mandatory federal program to date.

Article details appear below:

Don't answer Census, don't face going to jail
Government demands answers, but official confirms penalties not applied:

http://www.freedomsphoenix.com/Find-Freedom.htm?At=026769

Frisco06

Thank you guys (men AND women) for your thoughts and links to articles!

penguins4me

Quote from: Checkpoint on November 15, 2007, 11:54 PM NHFT
WorldNetDaily published an article the other day regarding the American Community Survey Interrogation & the fact that the Census Bureau hasn't attempted to fine anyone for refusing to participate in this mandatory federal program to date.

Somehow, that bit of information isn't very encouraging.

Caveman

Even the bureaucrats know how crappy the postal service is, just ignore it and they'll think it was lost. It's just spam mail to me anyway.

error

John Edward Mercier

The original reason for the census is US Constitution Article 1 Section 2. They need to make a count of residents for the purpose of establishing Representatives and Electoral College. The rest of the data is economic and PC trivial, most of it should have a small caption listing it as voluntary.

Pat McCotter

Quote from: John Edward Mericer on November 17, 2007, 12:59 PM NHFT
The original reason for the census is US Constitution Article 1 Section 2. They need to make a count of residents for the purpose of establishing Representatives and Electoral College. The rest of the data is economic and PC trivial, most of it should have a small caption listing it as voluntary.

But...but...then the data would be useless because...um...um...it wouldn't be a true...um...representative sample!?!?!??! We must make the ACS/NAIS/Real ID/RFID chips/etc mandatory! Then, and only then, can we get the data we need to control ensure that we help as many people as possible!

John Edward Mercier

The original data was to secure Constitutional access to legislative representation. If the count is incorrect, the Census Bureau bears no burden.

The other issues are factors unrelated.

Lloyd Danforth

As an Anarchist, if we didn't have a census and they wanted one, I would fight it.  As a genealogist, I'm damn glad it exists.  The early censuses just got the name of the 'head of household'  and numbers of males 1-10, 10-16, 16-26, etc. Same for females. One column for slaves.
They got increasingly more noisy. In the latter 1800's a lot of questions about naturalization were asked.  In the latest released census the big question was 'do you have a radio?'

John Edward Mercier

If your an Anarchist, my presumption is that you'd fight it by simply not filling it out. The government won't come hunt you down for refusing to answer. After so many attempts, another smaller group of random households are surveyed to replace those that don't answer, until they get the necessary statistic sample.