• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

NH Govt. Threatens Julia Miranda!

Started by FTL_Ian, November 02, 2007, 01:33 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Puke

Much like the attack blog that dissappeared this can be used for more exposure.
The vote is only four days away though.  :-\
So how good it may do is questionable.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Roycerson on November 02, 2007, 07:26 PM NHFT
Yeah.  I think it's good.  It only comes off as slightly biased and that's OK since it was written by her campaign manager.  I'd be more like... who the #*^% do they think they're fooling?!?  Fascist @*$&'s using strong arm tactics to crush opposition.  Help! help! she's being repressed!  Did you see him repressing her? 

Never hire me as your campaign manager.
when I run ... you're my guy

Russell Kanning

got the press release ... thanks Ian ....

have fun storming the castle Julia :)

(V)

SethCohn

Manuel Lora posted this:

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/016577.html

Things get interesting in Keene, New Hampshire, where libertarian candidate for City Council Julia Miranda offers to give her tax-funded paycheck back to taxpayers if she is elected. The NH AG says that this is a violation of the law and constitutes a direct or indirect bribe. Ms. Miranda has been sent a threatening cease and desist letter because she wants to minimize taxation.

(and then bits of the press release, links to video and letter pdf)

d_goddard

Julia and Ian, good on both of you. You're handling this like pros.

dalebert

Quote from: FTL_Ian on November 02, 2007, 02:33 PM NHFT
Though, I suppose it could be considered a "indirect" bribe as if she does not win, no one gets paid.

Yep, that's what I was going to say.

EDIT: Hmm... I do believe this calls for a cartoon.  >:D

Puke

David

3-4 post up on the page.   >:D 8) 
It is awesome that we have some exposure on lewrockwell, even if it is on the blog side rather than the essay side.  We have been on strike the root several times, but I believe lew rockwell is a more read site.  Whoo hooo!

Dave Ridley

Wow this is a great chance to make the government look bad...if the word gets out enough

Dave Ridley

Dave Ridley

it should be easy to retreat in a way that makes a lot of political hay

the publicized announcement they are "encouraging" you to make (that they are evil and forcing you to not give money back to taxpayers) could really rock.

we are all about leveraging the bad guys' attacks after all...

Russell Kanning

one thing the government can't stand .... is money leaving without its consent

planetaryjim

Dear Friends,

Ah, the government does its fine job playing the part of the villain!  Now we can at last show them for their true selves.   8)

So, I found the link to the story at Keene Free Press on the "Freedom's Phoenix" news review to which I subscribe.  Good story.  Great to see it is on Lew Rockwell.

Since the charges are criminal in nature, it is an excellent opportunity for Julia to issue press releases that may be published by other publications.  I would also like to see her contest the charges in court.  Making the attorney general charge her with this nonsense is excellent.  It is a huge opportunity.

I would be pleased to provide a small contribution to her legal defense fund.

Thanks!

Regards,

Jim
https://www.golightspeed.com/index.php?page=catalog
http://www.hisovs.org/