• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

NH Seatbelt Law

Started by Kat Kanning, January 11, 2005, 03:58 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Happy Dude

Quote from: Dreepa on April 19, 2006, 02:54 PM NHFT
How will having a law save lives?

Heavy fines my friend that will make people where them. How else? ::)

Dreepa

Oh you want to force me at the point of a gun to keep me safe?  Does that make sense?

Should we ban smoking?
Red Meat?
Alcohol?

Where does it stop?

Happy Dude

Quote from: Dreepa on April 19, 2006, 02:57 PM NHFT
Oh you want to force me at the point of a gun to keep me safe?  Does that make sense?

Should we ban smoking?
Red Meat?
Alcohol?

Where does it stop?

Good if you don't want to where your seat belt that's fine by me. ::)

But do a little research on car accidents and the trauma that it can cause you. Then come back and we will discuss this further. ;D

But if you wrap you self around a tree and don't where your seat belt don't expect me to feel sorry for you.

Dreepa

You are switching the arguement.

I never said don't wear your seatbelt.  (Read above).  I think it is a great idea.

I just don't think it should be a law.  Laws don't make you do things.

JonM

Sure they do!  It's against the law to exceed the speed limit, and you can see every day how well that works!

Happy Dude

Quote from: Dreepa on April 19, 2006, 03:13 PM NHFT

I never said don't wear your seatbelt.  (Read above).  I think it is a great idea.

Thats right laws don't make arrogant people think now do they. ;D

Happy Dude

Quote from: Jon Maltz on April 19, 2006, 03:17 PM NHFT
Sure they do!  It's against the law to exceed the speed limit, and you can see every day how well that works!

This is true and because I do the speed limit people tailgate me and that is also against the law as well.

Dreepa

How am I being arrogant?

NH doesn't have a law yet people still wear seltbelts in large numbers.
VT does have a law yet the numbers are not as high as NH.

There are hundreds of laws against drugs.
How many people decide not to do drugs because of the laws?... not too many.

Happy Dude

Quote from: Dreepa on April 19, 2006, 03:21 PM NHFT
How am I being arrogant?

NH doesn't have a law yet people still wear seltbelts in large numbers.
VT does have a law yet the numbers are not as high as NH.

There are hundreds of laws against drugs.
How many people decide not to do drugs because of the laws?... not too many.

I did not say you were arrogant. God learn how to read will you ;D

Fluff and Stuff

They may help.  For example, heavy fines may encourage seat belt use.  Maybe $5000 fine for start.  Maybe more is needed.

Yes, taking away freedom can lead to safer conditions.  

The point is, we all agree that it is better to wear a seat belt most of the time.  However, Happy Dude is a statist and he turns to the government for answers.  He thinks the government is the answer to our problems.  Whereas, you and I just want what is best.  We want people to wear seat belts but not go to jail and maybe lose their house if they don't (like the current law says in 49 states).  Happy Dude thinks that it OK if a few people go to jail and house their houses because it might save a few lives.

Happy Dude

Quote from: TN-FSP on April 19, 2006, 03:23 PM NHFT

They may help.  For example, heavy fines may encourage seat belt use.  Maybe $5000 fine for start.  Maybe more is needed.

Yes, taking away freedom can lead to safer conditions.  

The point is, we all agree that it is better to wear a seat belt most of the time.  However, Happy Dude is a statist and he turns to the government for answers.  He thinks the government is the answer to our problems.  Whereas, you and I just want what is best.  We want people to wear seat belts but not go to jail and maybe lose their house if they don't (like the current law says in 49 states).  Happy Dude thinks that it OK if a few people go to jail and house their houses because it might save a few lives.

Where did I say go to jail? ::) ::)

Dreepa

You said 'Heavy fines'  If you don't pay the fines they throw you in jail.

aries

I'm under 18 and I NEVER EVER wear my seatbelt when driving or as a passenger. I just can't stand it. My car is a wild stallion, I ride her windows down and no restraints  ;D

I know it's less safe, but I am also a conscious driver. Yes, something COULD happen but I'm not going to take that precaution.
And for another 2 months, it will be illegal for me to not where it. Every time I've been pulled over I put it on before I stopped.

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: Happy Dude on April 19, 2006, 03:19 PM NHFT
Quote from: Jon Maltz on April 19, 2006, 03:17 PM NHFT

This is true and because I do the speed limit people tailgate me and that is also against the law as well.

People that follow speed limit laws are more of a danger than people that go a little bit faster.  Following the speed limit is not only dangerous, it is rude.

Anyone seen this video on why it is a terrible idea to follow speed limit laws?  If not, please do.  You will need to turn your volume up.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5366552067462745475&q=meditation+speed

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: aries on April 19, 2006, 03:26 PM NHFT
I'm under 18 and I NEVER EVER wear my seatbelt when driving or as a passenger. I just can't stand it. My car is a wild stallion, I ride her windows down and no restraints  ;D

That is fine but you will never ride in a car that I drive.  I will not move a car until everyone (unless they are injuried) in the car has a seat belt on.