• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

NH Seatbelt Law

Started by Kat Kanning, January 11, 2005, 03:58 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

jcpliberty

Quote from: intergraph19 on January 16, 2005, 10:42 AM NHFT
Quote from: Grunt on January 16, 2005, 10:19 AM NHFT
Why should cops hassle real criminals when they can leech from more lucrative honest citizens?

Besides, if the cops actually DID lock up the criminals, theyd find themselves out of a job pretty quick.

The police are simply the foot soldiers of the status quo and pretty despots themselves whos prime motivator is not "protect and serve" but "oppress and pilfer".

Please have some respect for them.  They do a lot to keep us all safe and they put their lives on the line day in and day out.  Most of them joined to keep people safe.  There are only a few who are using their positions for personal gain and giving them all a bad reputation.  Show some consideration for the individuals.

Still, you must wonder what people are thinking when they become cops. A friend of mine, who is a cop, says it is split about 50%/50% for power and to protect the innocent.

FTL_Ian

I assume cops are bad until proven otherwise.  These "indiividuals" make decisions to enforce bad laws.  Ending the drug war, and all other prohibitions will bring a lot of respect back to the police.

Ian

Michael Fisher

Sometimes I consider becoming a cop because of the desire to help others, but it will never happen.  I could not take an oath to uphold the law because all governments and laws are illegitimate.  I have absolutely NO respect for "authority", police, or any other individual who would take such an oath.

Of course, people who help others deserve our respect on an individual basis.

Maybe we should not burn seatbelts.  Seatbelts are great.  Maybe we should hang an effigy of a specific politician from a specific tree with a seatbelt though.   ;)

I'm very upset about this new proposed seatbelt law.  What can we do about it?  It looks like it will be a 2-week coup d'etat for this damn thing!

John

rothamerica

There!  I just voted against the seatbelt bill.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: LeRuineur6 on January 16, 2005, 03:45 PM NHFT
Maybe we should not burn seatbelts.? Seatbelts are great.? Maybe we should hang an effigy of a specific politician from a specific tree with a seatbelt though.? ?;)
Hey good idea  ;D

jcpliberty

Quote from: russellkanning on January 17, 2005, 07:18 AM NHFT
Quote from: LeRuineur6 on January 16, 2005, 03:45 PM NHFT
Maybe we should not burn seatbelts.  Seatbelts are great.  Maybe we should hang an effigy of a specific politician from a specific tree with a seatbelt though.   ;)
Hey good idea  ;D

Hey! Remember: Russell didn't propose that, he just said "good idea" LOL :P

JP

Russell Kanning

Maybe we could use seatbelts to tie the legislators down to their seats so that they can't push the buttons to vote....at least we wouldn't get any new laws or taxes. :D

Russell Kanning

So what are people doing with the petitions that Rodinia gave out Saturday?

jcpliberty

Quote from: russellkanning on January 17, 2005, 09:59 AM NHFT
So what are people doing with the petitions that Rodinia gave out Saturday?

I don't have any of the petitions. Can someone transribe what is on them so I can print some for our building?

JP

Rodinia

I'm attempting to attach a copy of the petition word document for you

[attachment deleted by admin]

Rodinia

I have called several of my local reps after having wrote to them last week. I wanted them to read the letter, have a few days to think about it and call them today to find out where they stand. The first guy I called was a riot. He gave me the rundown on every single rep in my area!!!
I got the feeling that about half felt inclined to support liberty. One lady in particular I spoke to told me that she thinks that if a person doesn't buckle up, the whole society pays for it. Their job, their families, the community. She told me that insurance rates skyrocket and that driving is a privilege, not a right.....Any thoughts???

jcpliberty

Quote from: Rodinia on January 17, 2005, 01:03 PM NHFT
I have called several of my local reps after having wrote to them last week. I wanted them to read the letter, have a few days to think about it and call them today to find out where they stand. The first guy I called was a riot. He gave me the rundown on every single rep in my area!!!
I got the feeling that about half felt inclined to support liberty. One lady in particular I spoke to told me that she thinks that if a person doesn't buckle up, the whole society pays for it. Their job, their families, the community. She told me that insurance rates skyrocket and that driving is a privilege, not a right.....Any thoughts???

Driving is no privilege! What happened to the "right to travel" ??

As for paying for their stupidity, people who don't wear seatbelts may have to pay hgiehr insurance, but that is their choice, when does a family pay for each other's insurance policies? Reps. that give you this crap aren't going to change their mind. Instead we need to work on the ones on the fence with this and get their support.

JP

Rodinia

I agree. There is one rep who is on the fence but I think she'll jump on the bandwagon with the rest of her girls. I was told by the first rep I spoke with that there was a clan of women reps for rochester who are way left. He told me that the libs and dems will vote for this issue with a couple of "weak knee'd" repubs also.

Rodinia

anyone on interested in chatting right now?