• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

NH Seatbelt Law

Started by Kat Kanning, January 11, 2005, 03:58 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

There are many ex police chiefs elected to the state house.

John

WTF!  They want to make the police the enforcement agents for private insurance companies?
Isn't there a word for that?

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

intergraph19

Quote from: Erethizon on January 11, 2005, 08:57 PM NHFT
How about someone propose a bill to make it a crime to propose the seat belt shit again.

I'll support that!  Storm the state house and hold them at gun point to get it done.  :)

Lloyd Danforth

There should be a rule that states once a bill has been shot down it can't be proposed again.  Perhaps, allow it again in 5 years, or, so.
It is the same story in the Supreme Court.  The court will rule on something and after a few years someone will bring it back hoping to get a different ruling.  The Federal Income Tax was found unconstitutional by the court, I think, twice before they found a court that would allow it.
I would think that if these judges made decisions actually using the constitution as their guide, the law would stick.

BlueLu

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on January 13, 2005, 07:32 AM NHFT
There should be a rule that states once a bill has been shot down it can't be proposed again.? Perhaps, allow it again in 5 years, or, so.
It is the same story in the Supreme Court.? The court will rule on something and after a few years someone will bring it back hoping to get a different ruling.? The Federal Income Tax was found unconstitutional by the court, I think, twice before they found a court that would allow it.

Hear! Hear!? We should be bringing this sort of proposal up every session until it passess, along with a need for supermajority votes to pass most new spending and new statutes.

In Austin, TX, the public transportation taxing district has brought a commuter rail line up for a vote every other year for the last 6.? Finally, this year, they got approval to spend millions on two short lines.? It is criminal that they were able to ignore the previous votes and ram it through last year.

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: BlueLu on January 13, 2005, 07:50 AM NHFT

Hear! Hear!? We should be bringing this sort of proposal up every session until it passess, along with a need for supermajority votes to pass most new spending and new statutes.

I agree, but, doesn't this idea fly in the face of the very thing we propose? ;D

Russell Kanning

You are right on the money Lloyd...maybe only new taxes and additional restrictions on freedom should take 5 years to be reproposed. :)

BlueLu

I had hoped somebody would see the irony.   ::)

Though until that restriction is passed -- yes, propose it at every opportunity.

Dave Ridley

I got on the air on the Gardner Goldsmith show, WGIR 610AM Manchesters.... where they were talking about this... and invited all the listeners to come here to NHunderground.com

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: BlueLu on January 13, 2005, 09:46 AM NHFT
I had hoped somebody would see the irony.? ?::)

I suspected it.

Though until that restriction is passed -- yes, propose it at every opportunity.

Agreed.

Russell Kanning

jgmaynard

Quote from: John on January 12, 2005, 02:06 PM NHFT
WTF!? They want to make the police the enforcement agents for private insurance companies?

Ummmmmm. Corporate welfare?

JM

jcpliberty

Quote from: jgmaynard on January 13, 2005, 01:20 PM NHFT
Quote from: John on January 12, 2005, 02:06 PM NHFT
WTF!  They want to make the police the enforcement agents for private insurance companies?

Ummmmmm. Corporate welfare?

JM

Corporate Welfare = Mussoliniesque Fascism

Lloyd Danforth

I'm thinking that the reason the police want a Seatbelt law runs about is more like:

30% looking for another reason to stop drivers.

30% honestly trying to limit number of drivers they peel off of steering wheels.

40% undecided. Just like the power!

intergraph19

Quote from: DadaOrwell on January 13, 2005, 09:53 AM NHFT
I got on the air on the Gardner Goldsmith show, WGIR 610AM Manchesters.... where they were talking about this... and invited all the listeners to come here to NHunderground.com

Ah, so you were the one I heard.  Well done, you got me here.  *waves*