• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

NH Seatbelt Law

Started by Kat Kanning, January 11, 2005, 03:58 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

intergraph19

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on January 13, 2005, 04:20 PM NHFT
I'm thinking that the reason the police want a Seatbelt law runs about is more like:

30% looking for another reason to stop drivers.

30% honestly trying to limit number of drivers they peel off of steering wheels.

40% undecided. Just like the power!

I have to agree, there is a definate segment of the police who would like nothing more than to have another reason to pull people over, especially snot nosed kids.  Don't forget those cops who work in small quiet towns who have nothing better to do.

Dave Ridley

*Waving back*? Hi inter: welcome!? Like I said, you're my hero for "getting it!"

You coming to our anti-zoning protest on the 25th in Brentwood?

intergraph19

Quote from: DadaOrwell on January 13, 2005, 09:59 PM NHFT
*Waving back*  Hi inter: welcome!  Like I said, you're my hero for "getting it!"

You coming to our anti-zoning protest on the 25th in Brentwood?

I'm afraid the "establishment" has me firmly in it's grip.  I work full time mon-fri.  sorry. 

Lloyd Danforth

I realize that being 'self employed' I have some flexability, but, I will be in Brentwood and lose a days income and travel a 290 mile round trip.

Rodinia

Hi everyone. This is my first week here at NH underground. I just heard about it on wednesday. So, this seatbelt law situation has really hit home with me. I propose we get handwritten petitions started ASAP. Pilliod was on the Goldsmith show yesterday and if anyone was listening, he is an idiot. He said that the bill could go to hearing in as little as 2 weeks. Thats not a lot of time but it can work. If we have a core of truly dedicated people, we can get this done. We can get the petitions into the hearing and protest outside. If anyone is really interested, please email me personally. slhudson@metrocast.net There are only 10 counties in NH, I think we can get at the bare minimum, 2-3 people per county to be guardian of a petition.

Russell Kanning

So there will be a hearing about this in Concord that you want to go to?

Rodinia

Precisely Russell. How many of you are up for a bona-fide protest?

Kat Kanning

We love hopping around on the streets, waving signs, burning things.  :)

Russell Kanning

Russell Kanning

Russell Kanning

Could we tie representatives into their seats in case of an earthquake or something? Will the sponser of this bill be standing up and speaking to the room? Maybe we could offer to protect him from falling with some sort of net wrapped around his body. He could choose to wear it like the current law or we could force it on him, like he is proposing.  ;D

Rodinia

I think a seatbelt would mostly melt into some sort of toxic napalm.

Rodinia

I'm trying to find out when exactly the hearing is. Once I find out or if anyone finds out, post it.

jcpliberty

Quote from: russellkanning on January 14, 2005, 10:54 AM NHFT
Can you burn a seatbelt?

Hey, can we get a seatbelt for me cut-up oin Sunday i wonder?

JP

Russell Kanning

I don't have any spare ones.  :(