• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

NH Seatbelt Law

Started by Kat Kanning, January 11, 2005, 03:58 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

jcpliberty

Quote from: russellkanning on January 14, 2005, 11:45 AM NHFT
I don't have any spare ones.  :(

I am going to stop by Jack's Junk Yard in Billerica tonight, see if he has one.

JP

Russell Kanning

Excellent idea. Maybe we can tie up some polititians for their own good. :)

Rodinia

DadaOrwell, are you the caller Dan who called into the Goldsmith show on Wednesday? If so, I am Suzanne and you are the one who directed me to this site. Thank you. I have a question for anyone. I've never protested before. Do you need to alert anyone of your desire to do so?

jcpliberty

Quote from: Rodinia on January 14, 2005, 12:11 PM NHFT
DadaOrwell, are you the caller Dan who called into the Goldsmith show on Wednesday? If so, I am Suzanne and you are the one who directed me to this site. Thank you. I have a question for anyone. I've never protested before. Do you need to alert anyone of your desire to do so?

I have never applied for a permit to protest in my entire life. So even if they say you do need to notify (which I wouldn't know, I ignore all laws save for the Constitution), I haven't and have never been in trouble for it.

JP

Russell Kanning

Some of us on this forum ask for permission and some don't. I don't like to bother with asking permission. :)

FTL_Ian

Always better to ask forgiveness than permission!   ;D

Ian

intergraph19

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on January 14, 2005, 08:52 AM NHFT
I realize that being 'self employed' I have some flexability, but, I will be in Brentwood and lose a days income and travel a 290 mile round trip.

I really can't afford the time off.  Protesting isn't really my style at any rate.  I don't live in that community so I really have no business protesting their laws.  That's up to the people who live there to determine.  I would prefer to see a movement to inform and educate the people there, to inspire them to work on getting this woman's situation straightened out.  It is not my place to go to their community and work to change their laws. 

jcpliberty

Quote from: intergraph19 on January 14, 2005, 03:23 PM NHFT
It is not my place to go to their community and work to change their laws. 

Then it is not my place to work for your freedom either.

JP

intergraph19

Quote from: jcpliberty on January 14, 2005, 10:55 PM NHFT

JP

True.  It would not be your place to come to my town and change the laws here.  Unless help was requested of you by residents of my town. 

jcpliberty

Quote from: intergraph19 on January 14, 2005, 11:01 PM NHFT

JP

True.  It would not be your place to come to my town and change the laws here.  Unless help was requested of you by residents of my town. 

Help was accepted, when I offered it to these ladies.

JP

intergraph19

Quote from: jcpliberty on January 14, 2005, 11:04 PM NHFT

JP

JP

Then by all means, go get 'em!  I thought I conveyed this idea in my post before.  I was mistaken.  I have no wish to go and change the laws of another community, when I am not solicited to do so.  Does that make my possision more clear?

jcpliberty

Quote from: intergraph19 on January 14, 2005, 11:12 PM NHFT

JP

JP

Then by all means, go get 'em!  I thought I conveyed this idea in my post before.  I was mistaken.  I have no wish to go and change the laws of another community, when I am not solicited to do so.  Does that make my possision more clear?

It does indeed. However, when I offered them the help, they then requested that I contact any and all people who would be sympathetic to the cause to come help out. They loved the idea for the protest and would like us to help educate their townsfolk on what is going on. If you are sympathetic to their cause, then their request for help solicits you as well. It is then up to you to accept. (which you have, quite obviously, made your decision.) Sorry if I sound like a complete jerk, but I am one.

JP

intergraph19

Quote from: jcpliberty on January 14, 2005, 11:22 PM NHFT
Quote from: intergraph19 on January 14, 2005, 11:12 PM NHFT

JP

JP

It does indeed. However, when I offered them the help, they then requested that I contact any and all people who would be sympathetic to the cause to come help out. They loved the idea for the protest and would like us to help educate their townsfolk on what is going on. If you are sympathetic to their cause, then their request for help solicits you as well. It is then up to you to accept. (which you have, quite obviously, made your decision.) Sorry if I sound like a complete jerk, but I am one.

JP

I'm an evil conservative, I'm a jerk too.  :)  It's hard for me to take offence, however I still work so I'm SOL on this one.

Grunt

Why should cops hassle real criminals when they can leech from more lucrative honest citizens?

Besides, if the cops actually DID lock up the criminals, theyd find themselves out of a job pretty quick.

The police are simply the foot soldiers of the status quo and pretty despots themselves whos prime motivator is not "protect and serve" but "oppress and pilfer".

intergraph19

Quote from: Grunt on January 16, 2005, 10:19 AM NHFT
Why should cops hassle real criminals when they can leech from more lucrative honest citizens?

Besides, if the cops actually DID lock up the criminals, theyd find themselves out of a job pretty quick.

The police are simply the foot soldiers of the status quo and pretty despots themselves whos prime motivator is not "protect and serve" but "oppress and pilfer".

Please have some respect for them.  They do a lot to keep us all safe and they put their lives on the line day in and day out.  Most of them joined to keep people safe.  There are only a few who are using their positions for personal gain and giving them all a bad reputation.  Show some consideration for the individuals.