• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Are Bodyguard services available from a known porcupine?

Started by GalacticDefenseNotice, November 04, 2007, 04:45 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

LordBaltimore

Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on November 05, 2007, 09:44 AM NHFT
See, this is why people think you're a provocateur, Richard. You pick the most disruptive and damaging solution you can imagine, and suggest that.

Interesting that you think I would care more about my reputation than I do about a young mother who has been threatened with murder.

Perhaps you'd like to wait until he acts on his threats and then whine about, "What a surprise, I always thought Rob was such a nice guy at heart, just misunderstood.  Maybe Ivy had it coming, though, or really it's all the evil feds fault for pressuring Rob into harming Ivy."

This is real life time, not radical chic time.  If he harms Ivy, whining on a forum won't help her one bit.

Call the police, Ivy.  Rob is a nutjob, and you have a dependant child to think of.

Dan

Quote from: Beth221 on November 05, 2007, 10:33 AM NHFT
A Man should never pick on a woman, never raise a fist  or a hand, to scare into making her believe he has the power. 

The truth of this is only marred by the application of gender monikers.

lildog

Quote from: richardr on November 05, 2007, 11:03 AM NHFT
Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on November 05, 2007, 09:44 AM NHFT
See, this is why people think you're a provocateur, Richard. You pick the most disruptive and damaging solution you can imagine, and suggest that.

Interesting that you think I would care more about my reputation than I do about a young mother who has been threatened with murder.

Perhaps you'd like to wait until he acts on his threats and then whine about, "What a surprise, I always thought Rob was such a nice guy at heart, just misunderstood.  Maybe Ivy had it coming, though, or really it's all the evil feds fault for pressuring Rob into harming Ivy."

This is real life time, not radical chic time.  If he harms Ivy, whining on a forum won't help her one bit.

Call the police, Ivy.  Rob is a nutjob, and you have a dependant child to think of.

I have to agree with Richard here to a point.  If Rob is making threats of violence they should not be taken lightly.  It's one thing to yell out in a fight you wish the other was dead or something like that but Ivy left because she feared for hers and her child's safety.  I would think just a single blurt out during a fight alone wouldn't cause someone that much fear so this is clearly a serious matter and should be treated as such.

However that said, I would seriously consider taking further steps to protect yourself since police will give a restraining order and maybe show up after he's done something to you.  You should consider changing the locks and maybe have someone stay with you or stay somewhere else.

J’raxis 270145

If you haven't noticed, the whole situation is pretty much over.

Additionally, as other people have pointed out, calling the police will do little anyway. The job of the police is to clean up the mess after the fact, and assign blame so the state can prosecute someone. They don't "protect and serve" no matter how much you want to believe that.

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: lildog on November 05, 2007, 03:22 PM NHFT

I have to agree with Richard here to a point.  If Rob is making threats of violence they should not be taken lightly.

I don't think anyone's taking them lightly. But that doesn't mean people ought to follow Richard's advice and involve the police, either.

LordBaltimore

Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on November 05, 2007, 03:40 PM NHFT
If you haven't noticed, the whole situation is pretty much over.

You have no way of knowing whether that's true or not.  Rob has shown phenomenally bad judgment and psychotic behavior.  That doesn't go away over night.

PowerPenguin

Give him some grass. Stoners are rarely violent right? 8-)

mvpel

Pedantic parsing of a given "If X, then Y" warning - various of which have apparently been going around - may lead to the pedantic conclusion that it's not a "threat of violence," but rather something along the lines of "if you touch the stove, you'll burn your hand."  (Whence "misunderstanding," perhaps?)

But what that rationalization really does is put volitional human behavior into the realm of the mindless laws of physics, divorced from human decision-making and morality... and it's false - a bullshit cop out.

http://www.health24.com/Woman/Relationships/711-724-726,18895.asp
QuoteMany men [and undoubtedly many women too] who are abusive to their partners play the game of "Look what you made me do," thereby absolving themselves from responsibility for their actions.

Kat Kanning

Ivy requested these threads be locked.  Seemed reasonable to me.

QuoteI want this topic out of the limelight and our group to move on to the issues we are all gathered here to accomplish: gaining liberty in our lifetime.

Ivy