• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Burning Porcupine Festival

Started by Kat Kanning, November 06, 2007, 07:35 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

the Free State Project is too ambitious .... the Free Town Project is defunct ... but for 12 days in 2008 there will be the Free Acre Project ... a UN/Fed/State Free Zone. :)

Russell Kanning

just like woodstock ... we will have 100 people attend Burning Porcupine .... and 30 years from now 1000's will claim they were there

Lloyd Danforth

20,000 babies conceived at Burning Porc

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: lawofattraction on November 06, 2007, 09:02 PM NHFT
Quote from: Russell Kanning on November 06, 2007, 09:00 PM NHFT
the Free State Project is too ambitious .... the Free Town Project is defunct ... but for 12 days in 2008 there will be the Free Acre Project ... a UN/Fed/State Free Zone. :)

Don't you think that if all those people visit Grafton for this event and have a good time there then they might want to move in? Surely this idea must have crossed your mind.  ;)

Damn!  Never thought of that!

Kat Kanning

Quote from: Russell Kanning on November 06, 2007, 09:00 PM NHFT
... a UN/Fed/State Free Zone. :)

There will be fedtraps placed strategically around the perimeter to keep us safe.

Kat Kanning

Kat Kanning

If you're going, I bet she'll be there!  ;)

Fragilityh14

Pat K

Tonight the Liberty people will
be snug in their beds, with
visions of shaved Beavers
dancing in their heads.

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: lawofattraction on November 06, 2007, 09:06 PM NHFT
Quote from: Lloyd  Danforth on November 06, 2007, 08:49 PM NHFT
Quote from: lawofattraction on November 06, 2007, 08:46 PM NHFT
Quote from: MTPorcupine3 on November 06, 2007, 08:40 PM NHFT
Quote from: lawofattraction on November 06, 2007, 08:36 PM NHFT
This sounds to me like a back-door attempt to get the Free Town Project started again. Not that that would be a bad thing...

What's the Free Town Project?

Several years ago a gentleman named Zachary Bass tried to get a group of Free Staters to move into Grafton, NH, take over the town government, and turn the place into a libertarian paradise. His vision included whorehouses, etc. The townspeople got wind of the idea and it was quite a scandal... the commotion was all over the NH papers for a while.

That is one explanation of the FTP.

Well if there is some alternate explanation then please share it with us! I've always been willing to admit that my memory is not perfect.

A number of people were behind the FTP as a practical idea to move to a town that was already a good place to live and keep it that way and possibly improve it.  Bass, who never planned on moving took the idea to extremes.
'Prostitutes on every corner'   Grafton has no corners!

Russell Kanning

Lloyd Danforth

Pat K

(sung to the tune of ebony and ivory)

Anarchy and Liberty, living in
perfect harmony on the sides
of the hills of Grafton is where
will be...................

Every body sing.

Porcupine_in_MA

Quote from: Pat K on November 06, 2007, 09:15 PM NHFT
Tonight the Liberty people will