• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Burning Porcupine Festival

Started by Kat Kanning, November 06, 2007, 07:35 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

Circle jerk with the Republicans?  I don't know.

Pat K

Kat Kanning

OK, I guess that was too salty for even PatK.  :o

Pat K

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Friday on May 24, 2008, 08:08 AM NHFT
Quote from: Russell Kanning on May 12, 2008, 05:56 PM NHFT
Sue said we need a name for our mascot like punxatawney phil

Winchester Willy
Grafton Gabe
Ashuelot Archie
Winnipesaukee Willy
Needlermeier
Should I split this into its own topic?

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Pat K on May 24, 2008, 12:02 PM NHFT
Quote from: Russell Kanning on May 24, 2008, 05:54 AM NHFT
Quote from: Pat K on May 23, 2008, 07:53 PM NHFT
I would like to be part of this histrionic occasion.
I will put you down for attending .... and unless we hear differently .... put you down for bringing drinks and a really big cooler. 8)

Yes, that would be good. I will be attending from the 17th to the 28th. ;D
I think our mascots name should be Anarchy Al=He's not the governments pal.

I probably won't be able to get up there much to help with any
of the work, but I could send a donation.

sweet

Kat Kanning

Thanks to Puke for helping me so much with the cute little burning porc logo he made.  :D  I know I was probably being a pain  :o

Puke

Quote from: Kat Kanning on May 24, 2008, 03:05 PM NHFT
Thanks to Puke for helping me so much with the cute little burning porc logo he made.  :D  I know I was probably being a pain  :o

Not as much as some clients I've had.
Mainly it's that I use programs and file formats that are not always compatible with other programs.

Fluff and Stuff

Perhaps there could be a hiking trip at a near-by mountain.  I certainly noticed this mountain when I was in Grafton in 2005.

Mount Cardigan - Canaan     
Round-trip distance: 3 miles / Round-trip time: 2.5 hrs / Elevation: 3121'
This hike is a moderate hike well worth the effort in summer or fall. The trails from the Canaan side are the easiest route to the summit. Reach this trail by traveling to Canaan on Route 4. Turn north on Route 118 and take a right on the road to Orange. Travel straight over a bridge, and then take a right at a fork in the road. This is Grafton Road and you'll stay on this road for about a mile, when at another fork in the road, you'll turn left to the entrance for Cardigan State Park. A mile road leads to the parking and picnic areas.

The marked West Ridge Trail starts just past the picnic table area and you'll ascend at an easy pace. You'll pass two springs, and after these, keep left past the South Ridge Trail to a side climb with outlooks to the right. Soon, you'll rejoin the West Ridge Trail, and pass the Skyline Trail. Stay on the West Ridge Trail and pass a footbridge, two branch trails, and a shelter area. The route leads to beautiful views of the surrounding area.
http://www.lakesregion.org/WhereToPlay/OntheTrail/Hiking/tabid/78/Default.aspx

Russell Kanning

secret discussions today ... just a few sentences ... it lead nowhere ... nothing to see here

Kat Kanning

Huh, what about the giant ediface they've built in the woods??

Pat K

Russell Kanning

Russell Kanning

We started cleaning up the "amphitheater" this morning.
We also cleared a path to the creek and walked it. What a great way to cool off. There is some sort of bridge or dam remnants near the fire pit area.

Tom Sawyer