• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Burning Porcupine Festival

Started by Kat Kanning, November 06, 2007, 07:35 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Becky Thatcher

Quote from: Russell Kanning on June 12, 2008, 05:23 PM NHFT
Bush pinata night?

The president of the underground was heard to say, "Bush pinata night?  If they had a pinata with Bush's face on it, I would whack it so hard."   ;D

Kat Kanning

Yes!  It'll be Bush's head, and I'm going to decorate it will little explosive fireworks that will pop when you whack the heck out of him.  "Hit 'em until stuff flies out of 'em" is the motto, I believe.  It's the prototype for my new line of politician pinatas (thanks to Ancapagency for the idea)  :D

Lloyd Danforth

I guess the President is feeling better ;D  By the way Becky.  The Burning Porcupine Festival Grounds need excessive mowing.

Becky Thatcher

Like Tom, I work for tips!  ;)  ;D

Lloyd Danforth

You know about the profession of Elephant circumcising, don't you?

Kat Kanning

Becky Thatcher

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on June 13, 2008, 08:14 AM NHFT
You know about the profession of Elephant circumcising, don't you?

ewwwwwww.  That reminds me of a joke about luggage...

Lloyd Danforth

It doesn't pay much.......but, the Tips are Big!

Russell Kanning

John B. mowed the front lawn and along the roads yesterday. He also has two small fields plowed up for planting. :)

The grassy fields are full of wildflowers and butterflies and birds.
We trimmed the trees back along the road so rvs could drive in.

How about Friday night for Bush wacking?

Russell Kanning

under the Sakal/CAI tent yesterday Tom P. said he would be spending time in Grafton and would show up at Burning Porcupine a week early to help with construction. What a cool guy.

dalebert

A comment posted on my Burning Porcupine comic strip:

QuoteIs this an actual festival, or is this just a running joke, sort of like "snipe hunting?"  I don't think it would be one bit funny to drive all the way up there to find out it was a joke on "newbs" who were gullible enough to think this was real.  The comments at NHUnderground confused me, as people were questioning whether this was a joke or not in the first few pages of the thread.  I don't care of the events listed were just a gag... I just care if people will actually be there when I spend 5 hours driving up.

http://anarchyinyourhead.com/2008/05/02/burning-porcupine-2008/#comments

Russell Kanning

Some of the events are indeed jokes. The first night many crazy ideas were thrown about. But, unless we are all in jail, somebody will be at Burning Porcupine for the 12 days of freedom. :)

Some very doable events will also not happen because noone actually makes them happen. Tim mentioned a scrabble tournament ... a woman has shown interest, but if neither of them organizes it ... it just might go by the wayside.

Other events are popping up. Lex is working up a backwoods tri-quad-hept-athalon that he might actually lay out the first couple of days of Burning Porcupine. He could have pole jumping, shooting, logging, swimming ....

Russell Kanning

Also from that comment thread:

Tom Ploszaj
May 4th, 2008 at 8:18 pm

I'll plan to get up there a week early for help with construction and whatever

I can never remember how to spell his name ... so I waited to find it. :blush:

dalebert

BTW, you can actually sign up to get comments to AIYH in your RSS reader. If you post a comment and are curious whether anyone responded to it, this way you don't have to keep checking the webpage to see.

http://anarchyinyourhead.com/comments/feed/

Russell Kanning

Here are some pictures from last week