• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Burning Porcupine Festival

Started by Kat Kanning, November 06, 2007, 07:35 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

Recumbent ReCycler

I think I would like to visit, at least for the weekend.  I don't drive much anymore, but I think I may be able to cycle up there with a trailer for carrying my gear.  I'll have to take a trip soon to see how far I can cycle in one day.

Kat Kanning

Cool :)  Or maybe you rideshare if the biking is too much.  Don/Cathleen are coming for the weekend.

Kat Kanning

Russell Kanning

It is hard to do day trips from Keene, so spending a couple of nights will help. :)

I guess we will have to start making a list of attendees, so Bob can plan for some facilities.

David

I am going to try to go to this.  Didn't work out for porcfest because I couldn't get the time off.  Had ride offers, (thanks guys), but couldn't get off. 
Anyone planning on going up for a few days?  Need a ride, will pay for ride.     :)

Kat Kanning

Pat K

mappchik

Just saw the photo of the porcupine in the fire pit on the home page.
:notworthy:

Recumbent ReCycler

So you're planning to work at fixing up the location this weekend eh?  Hmm, it's 66 miles from work to Hoyt Rd., so maybe that might be a potential destination for this weekend.  Is the creek big enough to go swimming in?

Kat Kanning

Tom Ploszaj

Quote from: mackler on May 13, 2008, 03:58 PM NHFT
Quote from: kola on May 12, 2008, 03:39 PM NHFT
is there a significance of burning a porcupine?

kola

I believe it's a reference to the "Burning Man" festival, which, as far as I can tell, has never been experienced first-hand by anyone on this forum.

Hey guys.
yup, I plan to be up there early if needed to help out before going off to D.C. with the FSP (11th-13th) and coming back for the "Burn".  Don't leave too large of a mess since I told Bob I would stay to clean up everything

Looks like I'm the only one on here that goes to Burning Man.  I'll be back out to BM again this year too in Aug.

Russell Kanning

Burning Man is too far for me.
The place should be clean. But it will be good to have you around.

Puke

RSVP!
What ever happened to AYCOW.  :(
The Puke is now sad.

Pat K

Quote from: Puke on June 19, 2008, 04:38 PM NHFT
RSVP!
What ever happened to AYCOW.  :(
The Puke is now sad.

Man there is nothing sadder then a sad Puke.