• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Julia receives 23% of the vote

Started by dawn, November 07, 2007, 07:17 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

dawn

Of 812 votes cast in her election, Julia Miranda received 183 votes. The incumbent received 629 votes. Not a bad showing for her very first run for public office and against an incumbent at that.

In further news, Surry won the withdrawal vote so they will now be able to withdraw from Monadnock Regional and school their kids in their own town. Excellent news for Surry!

Kat Kanning

I'd wondered what the surry thing was...they had good signs.

Tom Sawyer

Congrats Julia nice showing.  8)

Made local and national news and kept the entrenched powers worried... excellent.  :)

d_goddard

:clap: for Julia!

Ask dawn, she'll tell you: politics at the local level is way dirtier and more personal-in-a-bad-way than at the State level.

Julia, you got your name out there, and a quarter of your politically active neighbors voted for you, despite every mean trick the other side could pull. You've been "outed" as an FSPer and (good lord!) an anarchist -- now that ammo is used up, it's yesterday's news, and next time voters will say, "yeah, we knew that stuff about her already!" Indeed, you have blazed a trail that will make it 10 times easier for the next Free-Stater that runs in Keene.

Your name is out there and people know who you are. I truly hope you remain active and engaged in the community. Keene needs more people like you.

Roycerson

That's a good showing.  You should be proud.

FTL_Ian

Quote from: d_goddard on November 07, 2007, 08:41 AM NHFT
Your name is out there and people know who you are. I truly hope you remain active and engaged in the community. Keene needs more people like you.

She may be approaching the new mayor for potential appointment to a city commission..

FTL_Ian

Quote from: dawn on November 07, 2007, 07:17 AM NHFT
Of 812 votes cast in her election, Julia Miranda received 183 votes. The incumbent received 629 votes. Not a bad showing for her very first run for public office and against an incumbent at that.

Thanks to Dawn and her daughters (Jacqueline and Kaylee?), Menno, Puke, Mark, and Nick M. for coming out and helping us hold signs at the polling location!   8)

srqrebel

Great job Julia!  That was a very strong showing, considering your newcomer status, extremely low-budget campaign, and all that undeserved negative publicity... :hghfive:

It was also a well-run campaign, thanks to Ian's skillful management.  If -- or when -- either of you run again, I would be honored to help out.

d_goddard

FTL_Ian

Quote from: srqrebel on November 07, 2007, 09:54 AM NHFT
Great job Julia!  That was a very strong showing, considering your newcomer status, extremely low-budget campaign, and all that undeserved negative publicity... :hghfive:

It was also a well-run campaign, thanks to Ian's skillful management.  If -- or when -- either of you run again, I would be honored to help out.

That would be great, but what would be better is you running as well in 2009.  We need to have 10 candidates!

d_goddard

Puke

Now you're free of that crap.
Thanks for doing it, I really don't want to.  :(

dalebert

Quote from: d_goddard on November 07, 2007, 09:56 AM NHFT
Quote from: FTL_Ian on November 07, 2007, 09:32 AM NHFT
She may be approaching the new mayor for potential appointment to a city commission..
Awesome!! ;D

By the way... Digg the story!
http://digg.com/world_news/New_Hampshire_City_Council_Candidate_Banned_From_Paying_Voters

Digg this? Seriously? Is it meant sarcastically or something?

Puke

Quote from: dalebert on November 07, 2007, 06:24 PM NHFT
Digg this? Seriously? Is it meant sarcastically or something?

Yes, what DG wants DG gets.
NOW DIGG!!

FTL_Ian