• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Petitioners needed to end the income tax

Started by muni, November 07, 2007, 08:02 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

muni

Hi All,

The center for small government is looking for petitioners to help them with getting an initiative to end the income tax in Massachusetts on the ballot.

Pay is $1.50 per signature.  MA is one of the easiest states to collect sigs, so even if you don't have experience, this is the place to try it.

Please contact Carla at (508)358-4247 or call me for more details.

Thanks ..

muni .

PowerPenguin

Ah the glory of Taxichusetts! Do they have state-run liquor stores like in NH? God knows that if the income tax was repealed there, the legislature would probably just shift the tax onto something else, and probably raise it while they're at it just for fun ;)

Porcupine_in_MA

Quote from: PowerPenguin on November 08, 2007, 02:47 AM NHFT
Ah the glory of Taxichusetts! Do they have state-run liquor stores like in NH? God knows that if the income tax was repealed there, the legislature would probably just shift the tax onto something else, and probably raise it while they're at it just for fun ;)

I'm sure they would. Last time they tried this, everyone who was talking about it in the media (which for the most part ignored it) would say something along the lines of "well the government will have to just raise other taxes to make up for the lost revenue!".

Pat McCotter

Cut spending!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quit asking the government to provide you with goods and services!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PowerPenguin

But it's so convenient! You don't have to think or take responsibility, and you can have fun complaining and blaming others 24/7! What's not to like? 8-)

frisco

I'm told they are now paying $1.75 for End the Income Tax, and $2.00 for Marijuana Decrim.  Most people will sign both at the same time.

PowerPenguin

Long time no see, Morey what's going on? BTW, I just saw someone who looked a lot like you today it was freaky.

Dreepa

hmm...
I can probably get 20 signatures next time I am down there.... I won't take their money though.

Dreepa

Did it end today?

Btw.. Carla will be speaking at the 2008 Liberty Forum... will you be there to hear her?

frisco

Apparently they're struggling to make the deadline.  Volunteers and donations are being sought urgently.

QuoteIf anyone wants to help please call 508-358-4247 or email info at
smallgovernmentact.org

lawyerup

NH & ME corner the market on state run liquor stores.

Pat McCotter

error

J’raxis 270145

PowerPenguin

CA rules in one sense: No ABCs. On the other hand, there is a state income tax. Not that I pay it anyway though ;) WA is the opposite. Ever wonder why there's such a huge block in the NW, and along the Appalachians? BTW, if someone gets into agorist alcohol that's good quality/price, I'll definitely buy from them first.