• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Kids doing fun stuff

Started by Tom Sawyer, November 09, 2007, 11:37 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Sawyer

Thought I'd make a place to show what our kids are doing here in the Shire.

William learned some more about responsibility today shooting the 22 rifle.

Pat K

Kat Kanning

Cute.  I liked doing that when I was a kid.

Russell Kanning

I think I failed that course in MT and was forced to only use pitchforks, but my memory is hazy right now.

Russell Kanning

what do people in your area call that portion of the Shire?

Riversbend or Riverside?

Raineyrocks

That is so cool!  Why the goggles?  Maybe I haven't been teaching my little Ricky good safety measures?

I was target shooting the other day with my 19 yr. old son and his friend, it was funny because I was freakin because I couldn't find my ear thingys.  So they were making fun of me because I didn't want to shoot without the ear things.  Well you could tell these 2 clowns never shot a real gun before, when it was their turn they started complaining like little sissies because there ears hurt, ooohh and they were ringing and it wouldn't stop. ::)

KBCraig

Quote from: raineyrocks on November 09, 2007, 02:37 PM NHFT
That is so cool!  Why the goggles?  Maybe I haven't been teaching my little Ricky good safety measures?

Mary can explain why you should never shoot without eye protection.

QuoteI was target shooting the other day with my 19 yr. old son and his friend, it was funny because I was freakin because I couldn't find my ear thingys.  So they were making fun of me because I didn't want to shoot without the ear things.  Well you could tell these 2 clowns never shot a real gun before, when it was their turn they started complaining like little sissies because there ears hurt, ooohh and they were ringing and it wouldn't stop. ::)

You could explain it to them, but they'd just go "huh?"

I'm lucky that my hearing wasn't damaged earlier in life, but all the shooting we did then was with .22 rifles. I still have exceptionally good hearing across all frequencies for my age (44), and I jealously guard that. I don't even mow without hearing protection, much less shoot.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: KBCraig on November 09, 2007, 03:27 PM NHFT

Gosh darn it, KB!  Couldn't you just tell me instead of having me read that long, confusing link? ;D

Raineyrocks

Quote from: KBCraig on November 09, 2007, 03:27 PM NHFT

QuoteI was target shooting the other day with my 19 yr. old son and his friend, it was funny because I was freakin because I couldn't find my ear thingys.  So they were making fun of me because I didn't want to shoot without the ear things.  Well you could tell these 2 clowns never shot a real gun before, when it was their turn they started complaining like little sissies because there ears hurt, ooohh and they were ringing and it wouldn't stop. ::)

You could explain it to them, but they'd just go "huh?"

I'm lucky that my hearing wasn't damaged earlier in life, but all the shooting we did then was with .22 rifles. I still have exceptionally good hearing across all frequencies for my age (44), and I jealously guard that. I don't even mow without hearing protection, much less shoot.

I wish my husband would use ear protection, I really think he wants to go deaf so he doesn't have to hear me anymore.  I've got a plan up my sleeve for him though, I have tons of blank papers to write him stuff I want to say. :D

You know I think when some people are young they take things like eyesight and hearing for granted and then regret it when it's too late.

Raineyrocks

I remember I posted awhile back about how shooting my gun was hurting my ears and a lot of you guys told me to get ear protection and I listened.
When I asked Rick if I needed it when I began shooting my .38 he said, no. ::)

KBCraig

Your .38 is even worse for your hearing than a semi-auto, because revolver has a gap between the cylinder and barrel. A lot of gas (and noise!) escapes through that gap. And if it's a typical .38 with a 2-3" barrel, it's much louder than an equivalent caliber in a semi-auto with a 4" barrel.

Pat K

Well if folks don't want to wear hearing
protection, they can do what I do.

LEARN TO READ LIPS.

Up to them.

Kat Kanning

Tom Sawyer

William trying out the easel I made him from the leftover pieces from the manly table.

Lloyd Danforth

Looks like a red cat about to disappear down the toilet