• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Kids doing fun stuff

Started by Tom Sawyer, November 09, 2007, 11:37 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Johnson

Kat Kanning

Pat K

Russell Kanning

KBCraig

I hope Tom doesn't mind me interjecting this on his thread, but I couldn't think of any place for this that could possibly be better.  :)

As I said over on FedBook...

This should not be "extraordinary"! This is how it should be, and how it used to be until regimented, age-segregated, public schooling became the norm.

Seventy years ago, or even when my parents graduated high school in 1949-50, it was typical for school children to have reached an academic skill level by Grade 6 or 8 that puts most current college graduates to shame.

Let. Children. Learn.

They will!

Watch the video after you read the story.  :)

http://www.today.com/news/meet-family-who-sent-six-kids-college-age-12-1C9316706

Tom Sawyer

8) :D

Kids doing fun stuff indeed... and oh yeah, they learn cool things along the way.

Russell Kanning

Very cool
Man if I hadn't wasted all that time in school I could have been an astronaut by age 12. Or at least pretended to go to the moon by age 13. :-)

Tom Sawyer

William helped build this trellis/fence for Becky's garden. We felled the trees and milled the lumber in February.

The Stooges are currently milling lumber and building a cool play structure over at Mark and Laura's place for Jackson.

KBCraig

That's a very cool design!

Pat K

Russell Kanning

Tom Sawyer

Thanks guys.  :)

Covered in sawdust these days.  ;D

Tom Sawyer

Homeschool kid's first claymation video

William's wizard among the other kid's creations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfNQqFFUb3o

Video created by the kids and some moms.  :D

Jim Johnson

That was good.  What program did they use to make the animation?

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Jim Johnson on July 10, 2013, 09:02 PM NHFT
That was good.  What program did they use to make the animation?

Becky's not sure, she will ask Tova.  :)