• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

question to those that practice their second admendment rights..

Started by beretta92d, November 10, 2007, 09:33 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

MaineShark

Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on November 26, 2007, 09:27 AM NHFT
Quote from: MaineShark on November 25, 2007, 10:04 PM NHFT
Quote from: kola on November 25, 2007, 09:25 PM NHFTI do not think it is a smart thing to broadcast on an open forum how and what weapons you carry. It is a fact that the feds sift through these posts and that info will quietly be logged into your "personal file".
And...?  This is NH.  They know we own and carry weapons.
They don't know who owns what, necessarily, and how much of it. Unless people start answering posts like this.

I don't think many of us are going to post a complete inventory...

They certainly know I own and carry 1911's, if they've even bothered to look at pictures from events.

Joe

maeqFREEDOMfree

Quote from: MaineShark on November 26, 2007, 10:10 AM NHFT
I don't think many of us are going to post a complete inventory...

They certainly know I own and carry 1911's, if they've even bothered to look at pictures from events.

Joe

are there any limitations or anything that prohibits carrying at certain events? it sounds pretty much like the place to be if you want to exercise your right to keep and bear arms. (i'm new here and like what i'm seeing!)

MaineShark

Quote from: maeqFREEDOMfree on February 21, 2008, 08:21 AM NHFTare there any limitations or anything that prohibits carrying at certain events? it sounds pretty much like the place to be if you want to exercise your right to keep and bear arms. (i'm new here and like what i'm seeing!)

The owner of a piece of property can certainly make their own rules.  It's rare that they attempt to restrict guns, although some may ask that they be kept concealed.  If you were to violate their rules, you would likely be asked to leave.

Joe

yonder

About as much as I'm willing to say on this:

If something goes bump in the night, I reach for a Remington 870 Express 12 gauge shotgun, loaded with 00-Buck shells.

If I'm leaving my home and I'm not expecting trouble, I may or may not be carrying a pistol somewhere on my person.

If I'm leaving my home and I'm expecting trouble, I will be carrying some form of rifle that would not be legal to own in the Peoples Republic of California.

Debating about what kind of gun to carry is like the whole Ford vs. Chevy truck debate.  There are good and bad points to each one.  Pick one that suits you and practice with it.  The $200 Makarov that you practice with regularly is a much more effective weapon than the $1200 customized 1911 that sits in the safe all the time.

Quick followup shots render moot the debate about what caliber to use in a self defense handgun.  Two holes in the chest followed by one in the head will stop the crazy meth head who is trying to kill you for the $80 in your wallet even if they are only .380 caliber.