• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

New Hampshire Constitution

Started by Lasse, November 11, 2007, 12:00 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Lasse

While the actual documents of the US Constitution, Bill of Rights and Declaration of Independence are not only still in existence but also in relatively good shape and widely copied, I have yet to see a picture or reproduction of the New Hampshire Constitution.

Does the original still exist? Or, at least, does anyone know what the original looked like?

jaqeboy

The original is kept at the State Archives on Fruit Street (which is under the Secretary of State). They have been undergoing renovation and expansion lately - not sure if they're done yet Ask the Archivist (Frank C. Mevers, Ph.D) and he'll go in the back and bring it out for you to see - It's framed and covered by glass - it's huge and several pages long (several frames).

jaqeboy

Lasse

Thanks! I was really asking more out of curiosity.. It's a bit hard to ask the Archiver to bring it out for me to see when I'm not only in the wrong state but also in the wrong country and on the wrong continent. :'(

jaqeboy

Looks like you have a few steps to go first then to see it!  ;D