• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Thanksgiving Dinner West

Started by TackleTheWorld, November 11, 2007, 07:14 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat K

shyfrog

Hi Becky *waves*

Lets see... I can bring wine or cheese or crackers.
Or all of the above? Or something else.

I don't cook (very well), so any suggestions?

Becky Thatcher

Thanks for the welcome to the forum.  Looking forward to seeing and spending time with many friends on Thanksgiving. :)

Puke

Quote from: shyfrog on November 17, 2007, 07:21 PM NHFT

You can't go wrong with that.

I'll need directions. I have never been to the place.

Pat K

Quote from: Puke on November 17, 2007, 07:24 PM NHFT
Quote from: shyfrog on November 17, 2007, 07:21 PM NHFT

You can't go wrong with that.

I'll need directions. I have never been to the place.

Well I take the LIE to the cross island parkway,
cross the Throgsneck bridge, take 95 north to exit 48
91 north to exit 28 in mass which is 10/63 to 10 north in NH
into Winchester, I make a left at the traffic light and a left at the blinking
light, first house on right ( you can usually hear Jim belting out show tunes)
You might want to use differant directions though.

Puke

Meh, I'll just drive to Long Island and take it from there.  :P

Also, I am not certain if people want to post their details up on a message board.
I suspect I will see them Sunday. I can ask then.

Pat K

Quote from: Puke on November 17, 2007, 08:32 PM NHFT
Meh, I'll just drive to Long Island and take it from there.  :P

Also, I am not certain if people want to post their details up on a message board.
I suspect I will see them Sunday. I can ask then.

Sure rub it in why don't ya. ;D

David

I'm a little slow sometimes.  I had to think where the name 'Becky Thatcher' was from.  The title that tom sawyer is quite a man didn't click for me.   :P  Welcome. 

Pat K

Quote from: David on November 17, 2007, 08:50 PM NHFT
I'm a little slow sometimes.  I had to think where the name 'Becky Thatcher' was from.  The title that tom sawyer is quite a man didn't click for me.   :P  Welcome. 

[edit] Rebecca Thatcher
She is the daughter of Judge Thatcher, and she is known for the mutual infatuation she and Tom Sawyer shared in The Adventures of Tom Sawyer. She has long yellow hair that is always in braids. She wins Tom's love from the first moment he sees her. Even after weeks trying to win the affection of Amy Lawence, Becky makes him forget all about her. When Tom and Becky first have an encounter, she gives him a pansy to show her love. Becky Thatcher soon became "engaged" with Tom Sawyer, and Tom gave her a brass andiron knob as a sign of commitment. However, she was angered by knowing that Tom was "engaged" with Amy Lawrence before her and returned the knob, but they bond after Tom nobly takes a whipping from the schoolmaster for something that Becky did

TackleTheWorld

Joe, can you bring some plastic spoons and forks and knives?
Shyfrogs can you bring some disposable plates and cups?

Everyone, if you have a favorite beverage bring some.
Our beverage list so far:

Water
Tea
Beer (Bud)

shyfrog

Quote from: TackleTheWorld on November 17, 2007, 09:45 PM NHFT

Shyfrogs can you bring some disposable plates and cups?

Everyone, if you have a favorite beverage bring some.
Our beverage list so far:

Water
Tea
Beer (Bud)

Plates and cups. Check
Lets see...Turkey. I believe a white varietal will go well. A bottle of Gewürztraminer should work.
Or perhaps Mead?

Kat Kanning

My mother always used to baste the turkey in Gewürztraminer  :D

We might not be able to come  :(  Russell's been down with athsma since the last visit to porc manor.

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: Pat K on November 17, 2007, 08:54 PM NHFT
Quote from: David on November 17, 2007, 08:50 PM NHFT

[edit] Rebecca Thatcher
She is the daughter of Judge Thatcher, and she is known for the mutual infatuation she and Tom Sawyer shared in The Adventures of Tom Sawyer. She has long yellow hair that is always in braids. She wins Tom's love from the first moment he sees her. Even after weeks trying to win the affection of Amy Lawence, Becky makes him forget all about her. When Tom and Becky first have an encounter, she gives him a pansy to show her love. Becky Thatcher soon became "engaged" with Tom Sawyer, and Tom gave her a brass andiron knob as a sign of commitment. However, she was angered by knowing that Tom was "engaged" with Amy Lawrence before her and returned the knob, but they bond after Tom nobly takes a whipping from the schoolmaster for something that Becky did

What?  You writing for wikipedia now?

TackleTheWorld

Quote from: Kat Kanning on November 18, 2007, 05:22 AM NHFT
My mother always used to baste the turkey in Gewürztraminer  :D

We might not be able to come  :(  Russell's been down with athsma since the last visit to porc manor.

Ok everyone imagine Russell's air passages being wide and clear.  Visualize a tiny zamboni squeegee vehicle driving throughout his respiratory tract.  Now deep breath in .... and out.  Ah, better!

Kat Kanning

Where does all the goo get squeegeed to?