• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Thanksgiving Dinner West

Started by TackleTheWorld, November 11, 2007, 07:14 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

srqrebel

Quote from: shyfrog on November 17, 2007, 11:45 AM NHFT
Is there anything the tadpoles and I can bring that is needed?

;D The tadpoles comment was awesome! LOL

I can make tomato gravy -- an Amish delicacy :)

Pat K

Quote from: Lloyd  Danforth on November 18, 2007, 05:33 AM NHFT
Quote from: Pat K on November 17, 2007, 08:54 PM NHFT
Quote from: David on November 17, 2007, 08:50 PM NHFT
I'm a little slow sometimes.  I had to think where the name 'Becky Thatcher' was from.  The title that tom sawyer is quite a man didn't click for me.   :P  Welcome. 

[edit] Rebecca Thatcher
She is the daughter of Judge Thatcher, and she is known for the mutual infatuation she and Tom Sawyer shared in The Adventures of Tom Sawyer. She has long yellow hair that is always in braids. She wins Tom's love from the first moment he sees her. Even after weeks trying to win the affection of Amy Lawence, Becky makes him forget all about her. When Tom and Becky first have an encounter, she gives him a pansy to show her love. Becky Thatcher soon became "engaged" with Tom Sawyer, and Tom gave her a brass andiron knob as a sign of commitment. However, she was angered by knowing that Tom was "engaged" with Amy Lawrence before her and returned the knob, but they bond after Tom nobly takes a whipping from the schoolmaster for something that Becky did

What?  You writing for wikipedia now?

I figure everyone here is smart enough to figure its
from wikipedia and has read enough of my posts
to know, that it sure as hell was not me writing it.

Lloyd Danforth

I just winged it ;D  I'm thinking that the gift Knob was symbolic.

Jim Johnson

Quote from: Kat Kanning on November 18, 2007, 12:43 PM NHFT
Where does all the goo get squeegeed to?

Top secret.   :glasses7:
Just return the :iroc: when your finished.

Kat Kanning

Have you been attending the PatK School of Grammar?  :P

Jim Johnson

Jim Johnson

PatK, said Roger would stop making fun'a me if I could gramertize at least as well as Dictator of the World, Bush.   ;D

Tom Sawyer

You got ol' Yale edujamecated, shoulda never risen above middle management, beat by a damn sight!

Pat K

Quote from: Facilitator to the Icon on November 18, 2007, 07:36 PM NHFT
PatK, said Roger would stop making fun'a me if I could gramertize at least as well as Dictator of the World, Bush.   ;D

Well yeah but I said that after a bunch
of Beers.

Jim Johnson

Quote from: Pat K on November 18, 2007, 07:41 PM NHFT
Well yeah but I said that after a bunch
of Beers.

Oh great...how about I make ya'll sweat potates and put a bunch a melty marshmellows on top for Thanksgiv'n? 

Lloyd Danforth

Jim Johnson

Tom Sawyer

Jim Johnson

Pat K