• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Hobbiton Area Potluck Fridays

Started by Russell Kanning, November 12, 2007, 03:53 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

We will be starting our Hobbiton Area Potluck Fridays November 16th. Bring anything you would like to share with your friends. Dinner starts around 6pm. Supper is observed at 7 sharp. Dessert is enjoyed at 8.

In keeping with Hobbit tradition we will be celebrating someone's birthday. :occasion15: This first week we will be celebrating Brian's birthday. :occasion13: Next week we will drink to Morey's health. :occasion16: I hear that hobbits give gifts to others on their birthday, so if it happens to be your week you can surprise the attendees with whatever small token you can invent. :occasion1: :candy: If you can make it, then we will good naturedly "roast" :violent5: you. If you cannot attend, then we shall raise a glass celebrating your virtues. :occasion14:

At the beginning we shall meet on Liberty Lane in Grafton. If you need directions, just ask one of the locals. This event might travel from house to house or switch locations in the future, but us hobbits don't change quickly, so you will hear the news along the grapevine. :wav:

We shall begin practicing for Burning Porcupine and that greatest of all Potluck Fridays (July 18th 2008).  :campfire:

dalebert

Quote from: Russell Kanning on November 12, 2007, 03:53 PM NHFT
Dessert is enjoyed at 8.

I believe the proper Hobbit expression for that is "Filling in the corners".

Pat K

Russell Kanning

Quote from: dalebert on November 12, 2007, 06:56 PM NHFT
Quote from: Russell Kanning on November 12, 2007, 03:53 PM NHFT
Dessert is enjoyed at 8.

I believe the proper Hobbit expression for that is "Filling in the corners".

I should have the whole thing done by real Hobbit fans. I have not read the books. :)

Kat Kanning

Aren't you a local?  Sounds like asking a local would have worked :)

Russell Kanning

Since we will have a small group this first meeting .... the potluck portion could be interesting.

Next week we will be giving thanks .... for leftovers. :)

Russell Kanning

btw ... our first week was a success

Kat's mondo salad and salsa + J&R's scalloped potatoes and chocolate pie = good times

... the skinny guy with the big appetite was not present (he was talkin silver) so there were leftovers.

... but I cannot divulge the details of the conversation at this time.

Russell Kanning

This week is the greatest leftover celebration of the year in Hobbiton. Friday we will feast on the turkey, spuds and gravy leftover from the Thanksgiving. :)

Pat K

Quote from: Russell Kanning on November 21, 2007, 07:04 AM NHFT
This week is the greatest leftover celebration of the year in Hobbiton. Friday we will feast on the turkey, spuds and gravy leftover from the Thanksgiving. :)

Damn.

Lloyd Danforth

Damn!  Friday coming to G and I'm not there!

Kat Kanning

Lloyd Danforth

Russell Kanning

Yea ... we can show you around some and watch the sunset from on top of the hill here. :)

We could have an interesting leftover day today. :)

Kat Kanning

Kat Kanning

hobbiton tour starts around 3pm, if anyone wants to join in  :D