• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Hobbiton Area Potluck Fridays

Started by Russell Kanning, November 12, 2007, 03:53 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Barskey

I had a great time meeting a bunch more new people, and putting faces to some I had already met. I look forward to the next one!

Mike Barskey

Well, I had a shitty night. I thought Potluck Fridays was every other Friday, i.e., tonight. So I made a dish and drove 70 miles to the man cave and no one was home. So I drove to the Hoyt Farm and no one was home. So I stopped at the store and used their phone and called Mike Lowry and the Hoyt Farm (the only 2 phone numbers I have) and no one answered. So I drove 70 miles home and ate my potato casserole alone.

3.5 hours, 140 miles, and $2 to the government via toll booths. Damn. Very frustrating.

Lloyd Danforth

It is always announced.   Sometimes not until Thursday :P

Kat Kanning

Quote from: Mike Barskey on October 17, 2008, 09:56 PM NHFT
Well, I had a shitty night. I thought Potluck Fridays was every other Friday, i.e., tonight. So I made a dish and drove 70 miles to the man cave and no one was home. So I drove to the Hoyt Farm and no one was home. So I stopped at the store and used their phone and called Mike Lowry and the Hoyt Farm (the only 2 phone numbers I have) and no one answered. So I drove 70 miles home and ate my potato casserole alone.

3.5 hours, 140 miles, and $2 to the government via toll booths. Damn. Very frustrating.

I guess Mike L, Polish Mike and Russell drove to the mancave too, but no potluck. :(

Lloyd Danforth

Well, I had a shitty night. I thought Potluck Fridays was every other Friday, i.e., tonight. So I made a dish and drove 70 miles to the man cave and no one was home. 

Did you vacuum the carpet while you were there? ;D

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on October 17, 2008, 10:13 PM NHFT
It is always announced.   Sometimes not until Thursday :P
I won't be waiting for the announcements

Russell Kanning

Sorry Mike.
I was frustrated and all I did was drive around Grafton.
We were working outside all day long, so we didn't answer the phone much ... then we spent an hour running around and must have missed your call.
We started this event a year ago and I guess we will have to revive it along different lines. The mancave guys changed it to every other week (which I am not keane on) and I guess also don't do it at all if Lloyd is not around.
Sooooo. When we have a party at the Hoyt Farmhouse ... it will be splashed all over this forum, so you know we will be there.
I have wasted my last trip to the mancave. The Hoyt Farm is the center of activity from now on. The mancave dwellers can try to prove me wrong by throwing better parties and such.  :P

Lloyd Danforth

If I remember correctly you 'threw PLF out of Hoyt Farm.

Russell Kanning

I do remember holding one at the farm ... and then saying the next time we would not be ready here.
I think we will have to come up with a new event at the farmhouse.

Mike Barskey

Sorry, Lloyd, I didn't vacuum. I did wash your dishes, make your bed, and clean the windows, but I didn't think to vacuum. I'll be back up in 90 minutes to finish up.

Russell (and everybody), I didn't mean to insinuate my crappy evening was your fault. I was still frustrated when I wrote that post, so I wasn't thinking that it might come across as blame. It's nobody's fault but mine, as Robert Plant has said. I could have called before I left to confirm it was happening, I could have gathered some contact information, I could have had a backup plan. My intent with posting last night was really just to vent the frustration. Sorry.

I do enjoy the events and hanging with y'all, so I hope to be at the next Grafton event.

Tom Sawyer

I thought it was more fun to blame Lloyd for... well everything.  ;D

Lloyd Danforth

PLF on for this Friday.  6:30-7ish.

Mike Barskey

Although I'm not yet sure if I can make it this Friday, thanks for the announcement. Now I know it's happening (well, I know that it's supposed to happen :) ). Will it be at the Man Cave again?

Lloyd Danforth

Yes it will. If the carpet gets vacuumed ;D

Lloyd Danforth

This place needs cleaning up so we're having Potluck Friday here at Liberty Lane.  You know the drill. 6:30-7ish.