• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Politics is an immoral dead-end

Started by Vitruvian, November 12, 2007, 10:15 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

please do not move this topic to endless debate .... the subject properly warns people what will be contained within .... if you love politics ... then go to the corner of our forum where we put up with such nonsense.

There are not that many places where we can discuss principled noncooperation with the US government political system .... especially with my friends.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: MaineShark on November 13, 2007, 10:04 PM NHFT
That's certainly the case.  I just don't like taking the easy way :)

Joe
I believe it.
Holy schnickees Joe .... look at your karma .... how did you get so much positive and negative? You make me look like an uncontrovesial character. :)

Dreepa

Quote from: Russell Kanning on November 13, 2007, 10:13 PM NHFT
please do not move this topic to endless debate .... the subject properly warns people what will be contained within .... if you love politics ... then go to the corner of our forum where we put up with such nonsense.

There are not that many places where we can discuss principled noncooperation with the US government political system .... especially with my friends.
Ok... the reason I moved it was because it started off with that discussion then it seemed to turn to endless bitchin' and whinin'... your forum you can have it you way and I can ignore this thread.

Russell Kanning

yea ... I sometimes move threads to endless .... mostly because they change topics ... but this one has stayed true to it's purpose .... to cause devision and to make blood boil. ;)

Vitruvian

QuoteVoting is force, but that only restricts pacifists - not anarchists - from using it.  If it is used for defensive purposes, then it is fully legitimate force, and not a violation of the ZAP.

I disagree.  Electoral voting is aggressive force.  While the simple act of pulling a lever or pushing a button in the voting booth does not constitute violence, the result of the act most certainly does.  When a person votes to elect another to a position of power, he or she is accomplice to every crime of the elected other.  For instance, many of the political types intend to vote for Ron Paul in one year's time.  Although Ron Paul will probably commit far fewer crimes than the other contenders, some innocents will assuredly suffer by his hand or those of his administration.  Your vote makes possible the commission of these crimes and ensures they continue in perpetuity.

Carl Watner makes the same argument in this article, titled "Is Voting an Act of Violence?": http://users.aol.com/vlntryst/wn103.html

Rosie the Riveter

Quote from: dalebert on November 13, 2007, 02:49 PM NHFT
OK, I'm just playing arbitrator / moderator. Continue.  :angel4:

I read the entire thread...good debate..... I'm still going to vote for Ron Paul.

I like Dale and it apprears he is offering to be a moderator  ;D

Vitruvian

QuoteAh, well.  If he's 19, then there is no point in my watching this thread.  19 year olds tend to be full of passion, but nothing productive comes from engaging them in debate; its all just pizza-and-beer talk.

I doubt that one year would make much difference, but I am actually twenty.  More to the point, please don't categorize me because of my age, you old fart; I don't eat pizza and I don't drink beer. :)

shyfrog

Quote from: Vitruvian on November 13, 2007, 10:52 PM NHFT
QuoteAh, well.  If he's 19, then there is no point in my watching this thread.  19 year olds tend to be full of passion, but nothing productive comes from engaging them in debate; its all just pizza-and-beer talk.

I doubt that one year would make much difference, but I am actually twenty.  More to the point, please don't categorize me because of my age, you old fart; I don't eat pizza and I don't drink beer. :)

great... haggis and ale then  :icon_pirat:

edit: wait...did I just read this correctly? Don't label you according to age?? o.O *chuckle*

Russell Kanning

that is funny shyfrog .... the more tense the debate ... the funnier it is to us spectators :)

Vitruvian

Quoteyou old fart

"That's what you call ironic."

CNHT

Quote from: shyfrog on November 13, 2007, 10:54 PM NHFT
great... haggis and ale then  :icon_pirat:

edit: wait...did I just read this correctly? Don't label you according to age?? o.O *chuckle*

LOL! He said HAGGIS!    :laughing4:  ( I was married to a Scot)

Rosie the Riveter

I'm listening to Dale on the FTL podcast. He is presenting a great argument and yes, it is quite an argument...

Russell Kanning

isn't that what they like on ftlive?
I should listen to it sometime.
I think finding out what people are doing once they move to NH is a very helpful.

shyfrog

Quote from: Russell Kanning on November 13, 2007, 10:59 PM NHFT
that is funny shyfrog .... the more tense the debate ... the funnier it is to us spectators :)

Russell ... I really don't understand the split very much. Never have. I enjoy the ideas on both ends of the spectrum and have never really latched on to either ideal with any amount of zeal other than wanting to be involved and lending what talent I do have to the causes.

There are too many good things happening and events to get involved in. To try and influence the dynamics of such a diverse group and even suggest that everyone move in a particular direction is ... to put it as mild as I can ... ludicrous.

Theorizing can be fun... action is more fun... seeing results of action is a veritable Festivus.

Speaking of Festivus...  :icon_pirat:

Rosie the Riveter

Yea, Russell, Mark says arguments make for great radio....

I agree it is great to hear about everyone's ideas and actions here in NH. The only direction I would suggest is a peaceful one and hell, I might even suggest -- what ever you do try to enjoy doing it....