• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Calling all Anarchists and Agorists and Out of the System Activists

Started by David, November 13, 2007, 12:34 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat K

Quote from: dalebert on November 16, 2007, 10:31 PM NHFT
Quote from: FTL_Ian on November 16, 2007, 10:23 PM NHFT
Fun Fact:

The Keene area's Free Stater-owned pub is bigger than Murphy's in Manchester and in a much prettier location.   8)

Yeah, but it's out in the boonies. I can walk to Murphy's.  ;D

It's a walk to Murphy's.
It's a stagger on the way home. ;D

David

Live close to downtown, and you can walk to, and stagger from, at least a half dozen bars of your choice. 

FTL_Ian

Tom Sawyer

We travel to Keene just to ride the trails.  :)

You can get everywhere, easy bike ride distance.

dalebert

We've totally hijacked this thread. Sorry Jack. But while we're on the subject of Keene, anyone know if an FSPer is renting any rooms? I'm thinking of living there for a little while and seeing what it's like.

Puke

Quote from: Dreepa on November 16, 2007, 09:32 PM NHFT
Bravo Puke Bravo!
:tiphat:

In other news, Keene is a nice place. I like it.
I wish it was closer to the other cities, but what are you going to do?

FTL_Ian

Quote from: dalebert on November 16, 2007, 11:44 PM NHFT
We've totally hijacked this thread. Sorry Jack. But while we're on the subject of Keene, anyone know if an FSPer is renting any rooms? I'm thinking of living there for a little while and seeing what it's like.

Huh?  This thread was originally about Keene.

You should check with Russell.  As I understand it, there are one or two rooms available in his trailer.

FTL_Ian

Quote from: Puke on November 17, 2007, 07:04 AM NHFT
In other news, Keene is a nice place. I like it.
I wish it was closer to the other cities, but what are you going to do?

I wouldn't want to drive it every day but 60 to 90 minutes isn't really a big deal in comparison to other states.  In Florida, it took about an hour and 15 minutes to get from Sarasota to Tampa.  It was at least two hours to Orlando.

Here, the only way you'll be traveling for more than two hours is if you're going up to Berlin.

The beautiful scenery helps make up for the distance as well.

Russell Kanning

any drive in the daytime is very relaxing in NH ... I have not gotten tired of looking at trees and lakes and streams :) ... and poor roadkill porcupines :(

Russell Kanning

Quote from: FTL_Ian on November 17, 2007, 07:55 AM NHFT
Quote from: dalebert on November 16, 2007, 11:44 PM NHFT
You should check with Russell.  As I understand it, there are one or two rooms available in his trailer.
We have one available. Someone from out of state is inquiring, but he has not decided yet.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: dalebert on November 16, 2007, 10:31 PM NHFT
Yeah, but it's out in the boonies. I can walk to Murphy's.  ;D
It is all how you look at it. If you think of Keene as the center of things .... then Manchester is in the boonies. The cops are less thuggish in Keene ... in fact they get better the farther you get from Boston and Manchester. :) You have less traffic in the "boonies". It costs less to rent a house. Feds have never shown up at our favorite bar in Keene. :)

You don't want to mess with us pro-Keene guys ... we can use our radio show and newspaper to bury you. ;)

FTL_Ian

Puke

Quote from: FTL_Ian on November 17, 2007, 08:03 AM NHFT
I wouldn't want to drive it every day but 60 to 90 minutes isn't really a big deal in comparison to other states. 

Sure, it's far better then anything in the mid-west.
I'd just like a helicopter to cut the time down to a couple minutes.  ;D

dalebert

Quote from: FTL_Ian on November 17, 2007, 07:55 AM NHFTHuh?  This thread was originally about Keene.

Oh yeah. I was getting the subject mixed up with the thread about an anarchist convention in MA.  :blush:

QuoteYou should check with Russell.  As I understand it, there are one or two rooms available in his trailer.

Maybe, but I was kinda hoping for a room closer in to town, like even walking distance.

David

Those can be found.  Most of the housing is close to downtown.  The keene sentinel classifieds have the listings.