• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Calling all Anarchists and Agorists and Out of the System Activists

Started by David, November 13, 2007, 12:34 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

David

I'm starting to think that I should have left out of the title the anarchists and agorist part, and instead just requested out of the system activists.  The means will lead to a similar end.   :)

FTL_Ian

kimochinews

Hey guys!

I just joined the FSP and am planning on heading over to Keene.  Could you Keene boys and girls answer a few questions for me?

1) Why is Keene preferable for "out of system" activists?
2) Is there something special about a Keene, NH address, or is a city near Keene equally desirable?
3) Are there any tantalizing properties near you?  I may be bringing a few (~3) other liberty-minded friends with me, so I'd like to buy a place for all of us.

Thanks for your help!

elf

Is there a livery stable in Keene? 
I don't see any ordinance prohibiting horse drawn vehicles there. 
Hmmm...  that might be a good idea for a biz startup. 

Puke

Quote from: elf on December 02, 2007, 05:57 AM NHFT
Is there a livery stable in Keene? 

I don't know about that. There is a huge tackle and feed store called the Cheshire Horse. www.cheshirehorse.com
You might want snow dogs in the winter though.  :P

Quote from: kimochinews on December 02, 2007, 05:17 AM NHFT
2) Is there something special about a Keene, NH address, or is a city near Keene equally desirable?
3) Are there any tantalizing properties near you?  I may be bringing a few (~3) other liberty-minded friends with me, so I'd like to buy a place for all of us.

I don't have any answers for you here.
I moved here for the smaller town and lower rent.

FTL_Ian

Hey guys!

I just joined the FSP and am planning on heading over to Keene.  Could you Keene boys and girls answer a few questions for me?

Congratulations on your decision.  It is far away from Concord, so it's about as far from the "system" as you can get.

Quote2) Is there something special about a Keene, NH address, or is a city near Keene equally desirable?

If you are not planning on voting, then living in Keene will only put you a little closer to civilization.  North Swanzey is pretty much South Keene.

Quote3) Are there any tantalizing properties near you?  I may be bringing a few (~3) other liberty-minded friends with me, so I'd like to buy a place for all of us.

This one is a few streets away from me in the heart of Keene.  The price looks right, but I have not toured it so I cannot speak to its value.
http://www.beangroup.com/real_estate/listings/Multifamily/NH/Keene/591915

FTL_Ian

When you're ready to look at some real estate anywhere in the area get in touch with Nick Michelewicz (Host of Free Minds TV): libertycrusader_22 at hotmail.com

kimochinews

Russell Kanning

1 There are others already here.
2 Nothing special about a Keene address
3 not tantalizing .... prices could go down :)

kimochinews

Sweet!  I'll probably rent at first, then.  It'd be nice to see properties get cheaper, and I doubt I can efficiently buy a property while I'm still in California.

Thanks, Russell!

Lex

Quote from: FTL_Ian on December 02, 2007, 11:52 AM NHFT
Congratulations on your decision.  It is far away from Concord, so it's about as far from the "system" as you can get.

Not to discourage kimochinews from moving to Keene but I'd just like to point out that Grafton is another place that is arguably even farther from civilization. Although it won't have most of the amenities that Keene has but is more suited for out of the system folks that just want to be left alone if you're willing to drive a little for closest grocery store, etc.

kimochinews

Yes, I'm looking at Grafton, too.  Sounds awesome!  There seems to be much less to read about Grafton online--would someone living in Grafton be willing to chat with me about the situation there?

Russell Kanning

yes ... you could call some of us to get a feel for different parts of the state

Grafton and Keene are very different .... pretty easy to decide between them :)

FTL_Ian

Quote from: Lex Berezhny on December 03, 2007, 11:46 AM NHFT
Quote from: FTL_Ian on December 02, 2007, 11:52 AM NHFT

Not to discourage kimochinews from moving to Keene but I'd just like to point out that Grafton is another place that is arguably even farther from civilization. Although it won't have most of the amenities that Keene has but is more suited for out of the system folks that just want to be left alone if you're willing to drive a little for closest grocery store, etc.

Keene is civilization, Grafton not.  Easy choice.

kimochinews

Does no zoning mean you can build an extra house, or a place of business on your property?

Are the property taxes much different in the two areas?