• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Tags

Started by Kat Kanning, November 13, 2007, 05:58 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

Added a tag feature to try out.  Maybe it'll help people manage info so you can read just what topics interest you.

Kat Kanning

If you put in a list of tags, I think you need to list them without spaces, just commas between:

curmudgeon,Lloyd,funny

J’raxis 270145

It complained about a tag being longer than thirty characters when I tried to add multiple tags with the comma. No individual tag was over thirty characters, so I think it measured it as a whole.

Should we use title case or only capitalize proper nouns? I see you're using title case, but this ends up with inconsistencies because people can never agree on whether or not prepositions, the, and so on, ought to be capitalized.

And, is singular or plural preferred?

I see that this tagging system fortunately isn't makingusrunwordstogether like some blogs' tag systems do. ;D

TackleTheWorld

Singular or plural? I vote for plural.
And present tense on the verbs.

Makes the forum seem fresh and full of things you are looking for.  Like a well-stocked produce market
:flower: :weed: :Jack_O_Lantern_by_Leafwoodfur :broc1:

Kat Kanning

Looks like capitalization doesn't matter

J’raxis 270145

Seems to be some problems with deleting tags. There are two tags currently still listed that are linked to no articles: "Test" and "Masterdebaters, Unite!". I tried adding "Test" to a random article, then deleting it, but it still won't go away in the tag cloud.

Kat Kanning

I think they'll eventually drop off the list.

J’raxis 270145

Mousing over "Test", it claims "2 things" are in the tag. Then clicking the tag brings up nothing.

Kat Kanning

Russell Kanning

Quote from: TackleTheWorld on November 13, 2007, 11:52 AM NHFT
Singular or plural? I vote for plural.
And present tense on the verbs.

Makes the forum seem fresh and full of things you are looking for.  Like a well-stocked produce market
:flower: :weed: :Jack_O_Lantern_by_Leafwoodfur :broc1:
I agree

So I went with:

Politics sucks

kola

Lauren, what type of plant is that with the five leaves?

Kola

Kat Kanning

It's all natural, I'm sure.  :)

TackleTheWorld

Quote from: kola on November 13, 2007, 01:16 PM NHFT

Kola

Cannabis, I was illustrating a well-stocked produce market.

Beth221

doesnt your produce market have five leafed plants?  hehe

Raineyrocks

Quote from: TackleTheWorld on November 13, 2007, 02:45 PM NHFT
Quote from: kola on November 13, 2007, 01:16 PM NHFT

Kola

Cannabis, I was illustrating a well-stocked produce market.

;D