• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Tags

Started by Kat Kanning, November 13, 2007, 05:58 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

toowm

Questions on the tags:

What happens when I click on an existing tab (is that like voting for it)?

What happens when I click on the red 'X' (is that voting against it or approving it)?

Beth221

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Beth221 on November 14, 2007, 11:25 AM NHFT
Quote from: raineyrocks on November 14, 2007, 09:51 AM NHFT
Whoa!!!  That was great!  :D
did they take your kidney?

No, but I am waiting for them to give me liposuction and a tummy tuck! ;D

Kat Kanning

When you click on a tag, you should get a list of posts on that topic.  When you click the [X], it's deleting the tag from the post for everyone.

Kat Kanning

Russell wants me to change it so only moderators can manipulate the tags, since his tags keep getting deleted.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: raineyrocks on November 14, 2007, 08:26 AM NHFT
What's wrong with Candy Mountain?  Doesn't it take anybody to the magical place it takes me to? 
!#@$!#@^$!^$#%#$ braken fraken ... daouoeu vermittts

KBCraig

Quote from: Kat Kanning on November 14, 2007, 03:09 PM NHFT
Russell wants me to change it so only moderators can manipulate the tags, since his tags keep getting deleted.

Must be something about that big red X that just says "CLICK ME!"

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Russell Kanning on November 14, 2007, 03:13 PM NHFT
Quote from: raineyrocks on November 14, 2007, 08:26 AM NHFT
What's wrong with Candy Mountain?  Doesn't it take anybody to the magical place it takes me to? 
!#@$!#@^$!^$#%#$ braken fraken ... daouoeu vermittts

:biglaugh:  Uh, oh, Russell is losing it!  See I said that Charlie video might have a mind control component to it.

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: KBCraig on November 14, 2007, 06:28 PM NHFT
Quote from: Kat Kanning on November 14, 2007, 03:09 PM NHFT

Must be something about that big red X that just says "CLICK ME!"

I've been trying to add useful tags myself, so I hope it doesn't go this way. If possible, lock it such that you can only delete tags you added?

Kat Kanning

Unfortunately, it's not particularly configurable - the only option is to let people manipulate the tags or not.

Kat Kanning

Judging by the number of tags being put on posts, I'd say the tags were a hit, despite being so buggy.

J’raxis 270145

Tags are good. I'm sure the coders will work out the bugs it eventually.

Can you point me to where you got the code/module/whatever it is? I assume it's just PHP+MySQL like the rest of SMF, no? I might be able to take a look at it at some point (i.e., when the projects I'm working on now are done).

Kat Kanning

J’raxis 270145

J’raxis 270145

Do not put spaces between tags when entering them with commas when creating a new topic, as the spaces are not stripped, and the system treats "word" and " word" as two different tags.