• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

'Reborn' - First Movie Released from Active Mind Studios

Started by Kat Kanning, November 14, 2007, 08:08 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Helwig

But how can we buy his shirts when his website is just "Coming soon"?  :-\

I knew it was Sunshine right away when I heard her voice.  ;D

KBCraig

Margot looks good with long red hair.  ;)

I never realized Brad looked so much like Kurt Cobain. Well, except for the dead and moldy part.

d_goddard

Dude... that was good.
I take it Brad is an AnCap, now?  ;D

Russell Kanning

I liked it.
Man we only buried the constitution .... Brad killed it.

Pat K

Bradley Keyes

Hey everyone. I've been toying with the idea of creating animated short films for years and I've finally found both the tools and the time to actually create one.

It's called Reborn and is about one man's struggle with his realization of how power c­orru­p­ts an­d ­hi­s choi­c­e on­ ­h­ow to deal with it.

I think many of you on this board will appreciate it.

You can watch a streaming version at: http://www.ActiveMindStudios.com/Movies/Reborn/index.html

This is where I'm going to focus my activist energies long-term - fictionalized animated movies that focus on liberty and the individual.

I'd love to hear any constructive criticism you might have.

I hope you enjoy it. There are more to come.

Pat K

Crocuta

If that's a first effort, I can't wait to see where you go with this.

It's very good, and each one you make will be better.

Good job!

Kat Kanning

Merged the two topics on this.  Tags got screwed up, though.

Russell Kanning

d_goddard

Thanks for the cool video, Brad!
You know you has us scared when the protagonist first fiddled with the gun... you story-spinners sure have a way to tug at the emotions.

Quote from: Bradley Keyes on November 24, 2007, 11:09 PM NHFT
This is where I'm going to focus my activist energies long-term - fictionalized animated movies that focus on liberty and the individual.

My one request would be to include something, somehow, somewhere, about the FSP and/or New Hampshire as the place to go for hope and positive action ...

Tom Sawyer

8) Content is king... Nicely done. It appeals to emotion, powerful stuff.

I liked the "camera" moves. The foley/sound effects work is good.  :)

For future projects you should try a different microphone set up. Proximity effects, breaths etc could be eliminated with a mike on a stand. Cardioid mike a little further from the mouth will sound better. The "actors" should stand and kind of act out their parts to give a more dynamic reading.

Karma to you on your dramatic production... not to mention the hardwork and emotion that goes into a piece like this.

Bradley Keyes

Glad you guys liked it.

Quote from: Ron Helwig on November 14, 2007, 09:22 AM NHFT
But how can we buy his shirts when his website is just "Coming soon"?  :-\

www.ActiveMindStudios.com is up and running. Margot's email got out before I had it ready. You can now buy all the shirts your heart desires!

Quote from: d_goddard on November 14, 2007, 09:46 AM NHFT
I take it Brad is an AnCap, now?  ;D

I consider myself 'sliding towards anarchy', as is my main character. Where we each end up will be found out in the future.

Quote from: d_goddard on November 25, 2007, 09:12 AM NHFT

My one request would be to include something, somehow, somewhere, about the FSP and/or New Hampshire as the place to go for hope and positive action ...

That's coming soon. I needed to get the web site up and running first. In the next few days I'll be adding additional pages and banners addressing solutions and things people can do (FSP, Ron Paul, more general philosophy, etc)

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on November 25, 2007, 11:17 AM NHFT
For future projects you should try a different microphone set up.

Yep, that's the thing I'm most unhappy about with this movie. It was recorded on a pretty cheap Logitech headset. The next one will definitely be better.

I appreciate any suggestions or ideas on how I could improve, both technically or philosophically.

Thanks,

Brad

painted

I loved it!

"All human interactions should be voluntary." is ingenious!!!

BTW, if you meant that phrase as a law... then it might e more powrrful if you put "must" instead of "should."