• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

'Reborn' - First Movie Released from Active Mind Studios

Started by Kat Kanning, November 14, 2007, 08:08 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

d_goddard

Quote from: Kat Kanning on November 26, 2007, 02:10 AM NHFT
How can you have a voluntary law?
Easy. It's just a contract that specifies terms for what happens to either party, should they violate the contract.

Suppose I contract with you to take care of my child, and we both agreed, all above-board and before-hand as one of the conditions, that if my child suffers loss of life or limb under any circumstance while under your care, you are to become my indentured servant and I am to own all fruit of your labor for 10 years. (Presumably if there is no harm you'd get something of value from me, like money, and there'd be some more objective definition about what exactly constitutes "loss of limb")

If we both agreed to such contract, you just voluntarily agreed to something not too different from a "law"

EJinCT

Quote from: Bradley Keyes on November 25, 2007, 09:34 PM NHFT
I appreciate any suggestions or ideas on how I could improve, both technically or philosophically.

:clap:  Very well done!

Philosophically I think you are on point.

Technically; some of the camera moves are a little choppy, but I'm presuming thats due to the program; and yes, the scoring/sound quality is the weakest link IMO; and even still, it's not bad, just has room for improvement. ;)

Something similar to Sony Vegas ( multitrack audio/video editing program), and/or Sony ACID Music Studio could be very useful in this regard and isn't particularly hard to use for anyone with minimal experience in manipulating digital video/audio data.

I'm going to research Moviestorm a bit more and see if the format is compatible with the Sony editing programs; ( which I possess) if so, I may be able to assist you upgrading your scoring/sound quality.

Kat Kanning

Quote from: d_goddard on November 26, 2007, 10:02 AM NHFT
Easy. It's just a contract that specifies terms for what happens to either party, should they violate the contract.

Suppose I contract with you to take care of my child, and we both agreed, all above-board and before-hand as one of the conditions, that if my child suffers loss of life or limb under any circumstance while under your care, you are to become my indentured servant and I am to own all fruit of your labor for 10 years. (Presumably if there is no harm you'd get something of value from me, like money, and there'd be some more objective definition about what exactly constitutes "loss of limb")

If we both agreed to such contract, you just voluntarily agreed to something not too different from a "law"

Yes, voluntarily.  Laws are not voluntary.  They send you to jail or taser you or kill you if you don't follow them.

d_goddard

Quote from: Kat Kanning on November 26, 2007, 03:37 PM NHFT
Quote from: d_goddard on November 26, 2007, 10:02 AM NHFT
Yes, voluntarily.  Laws are not voluntary.  They send you to jail or taser you or kill you if you don't follow them.
Now suppose the penalty on some circumstance was being tasered: "If you intentionally harm my child, i get to shoot 10,000 volts into you."
Now suppose the penalty was capital: "If you intentionally kill my child, I get to kill you"

In some circumstances, you might be so certain that you will not kill my child on purpose, that you're willing to put your own life up as collateral.

Presto, voluntary law.