• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Big, bad news! Liberty Dollar offices raided.

Started by toowm, November 15, 2007, 09:04 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Helwig

Quote from: Russell Kanning on November 17, 2007, 11:03 AM NHFT
we can also use all the coins already out there.
That's what the majority of people wanted to try to do.

but adding a shire or nh or something similar coin is fun. :)
Agreed!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coin
seems like the right word for what you are using or making
Seems like, but the government doesn't agree. They insist that the word "coin" applies ONLY to government created and approved stuff. We definitely need to stay away from that word.

John Edward Mercier

Could you please elaborate in the US Constitution where Congress is forbidden from making 'demand notes'?

Russell Kanning

but the government doesn't get to decide what words we use .... what better word is there for a small round piece of precious metal?

mvpel

If people can get away from this obsessive fixation on the "spot price," we'd all be better off.

Sorry, Dave, my friend, but the spot price of a gallon of unleaded gasoline at New York Harbor is $2.4487 today, but the New Hampshire average is $2.974.  The spot price of wheat is $7.494 per bushel, but a three-pound Zingerman's Farm Round will run you $10 plus shipping - and it's worth every last penny.  The spot price of copper is $3.104 per pound, but a Belle Foret copper kitchen sink will set you back $424.15 at Home Depot.

And a US Mint one-ounce silver eagle proof costs $30 on the Mint's website, or $45 for a 2006 edition offered by a dealer.

PattyLee loves dogs

>To coin money, regulate the value thereof, and of foreign coin, and fix the standard of weights and measures;

This was inserted specifically because of the "Continentals" disaster, thus the use of "coin" and not "print".

>To provide for the punishment of counterfeiting the securities and current coin of the United States;

Doubtless this is what the Feds are using... of course the original meaning has to be stretched a bit to include "counterfeiting" by minting real coins to replace unbacked paper  ;D

mvpel

Quote from: Russell Kanning on November 17, 2007, 12:00 PM NHFT
but the government doesn't get to decide what words we use .... what better word is there for a small round piece of precious metal?

The government thinks they get to decide, and that's why all of the Liberty Dollar corporations assets were stolen from them.  Being a Fed means never having to say you're sorry.  You can ruin someone financially - or murder his son and his wife - and wind up with a promotion when it's all over.

Russell Kanning

An undercover investigative reporter for the Keene Free Press/New Hampshire Underground has obtained a copy of the Seizure Warrant issued in the United States District Court located in the Western District of North Carolina.

The government would be very angry if this document was passed around the internet all willy nilly. I can email it to you if you would like and you can do as you see fit. :) It is a pdf (about 2megs) that says that the Liberty Dollar people including RCO's, Associates, and Merchants are all conspiring together to defraud the government. So I guess many of us are officially on their list.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: mvpel on November 17, 2007, 12:08 PM NHFT
If people can get away from this obsessive fixation on the "spot price," we'd all be better off.
Maybe .... It seems like a good starting point. Isn't that what coin dealers use to determine their markup?
I sometimes sell near the spot price and buy near it. :)

mvpel

I submit that a round number is a better starting point, since it means merchants won't have to whip out the scientific calculator and consult the newspaper in order to balance their books at the end of the month.

John Edward Mercier

Article 1 Section 8 under the part your quoting covers 'coins'... the paper is clearly labelled 'note', as in demand note (debt instrument).

mvpel

Actually, the paper is a "negotiable warehouse receipt," covered under Article 7 of the Uniform Commercial Code.  They're very common in agricultural commodity trading circles.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: mvpel on November 17, 2007, 12:19 PM NHFT
I submit that a round number is a better starting point, since it means merchants won't have to whip out the scientific calculator and consult the newspaper in order to balance their books at the end of the month.
Sounds good to me
a merchant could have a register that say 1 gram of silver .... nice and round :)
or that merchant could say ..... $20

Puke

I think it was kind of silly for the LD to look so much like a US Dollar.
Most people are not so bright, we have all seen the TV shows about people on the street answering questions.
I never liked the "Trust in God" on the LD. It does seem a bit like baiting the gov't.

Never the less, the Feds had no right to do what they are doing.
I want a "Fuck the Gov!" dollar.

And if the term dollar is some how illegal to use if you ain't the US Gov't, what about these countries?

QuoteAustralian dollar - Australia, Christmas Island, Cocos (Keeling) Islands, Heard Island and McDonald Islands, Norfolk Island, Kiribati, Nauru and Tuvalu
Bahamian dollar - Bahamas
Barbadian dollar - Barbados
Belize dollar - Belize
Bermudian dollar - Bermuda
British North Bornean dollar - British North Borneo
British West Indian dollar - British West Indies
Bruneian dollar - Brunei
Canadian dollar - Canada
Cayman Islands dollar - Cayman Islands
Continental dollar - Colonial America
Cook Islands dollar - Cook Islands
Dominican dollar - Dominica
East Caribbean dollar - Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Dominica, Grenada, Montserrat, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Fijian dollar - Fiji
Grenadan dollar - Grenada
Guyanese dollar - Guyana
Hawaiian dollar - Hawaii
Hong Kong dollar - Hong Kong
International dollar - hypothetical currency pegged 1:1 to the United States dollar
Jamaican dollar - Jamaica
Kiautschou dollar - Qingdao
Kiribati dollar - Kiribati
Liberian dollar - Liberia
Malaya and British Borneo dollar - Malaya, Singapore, Sarawak, British North Borneo and Brunei
Malayan dollar - Brunei, Malaysia and Singapore
Mauritian dollar - Mauritius
Mongolian dollar - Mongolia
Namibian dollar - Namibia
Nevisian dollar - Nevis
New Brunswick dollar - New Brunswick
New Taiwan dollar - Taiwan
New Zealand dollar - New Zealand, Cook Islands, Niue, Tokelau, Pitcairn Islands.
Newfoundland dollar - Newfoundland
Nova Scotian dollar - Nova Scotia
Old Taiwan dollar - Taiwan
Penang dollar - Penang
Puerto Rican dollar - Puerto Rico
Rhodesian dollar - Rhodesia
Saint Kitts dollar - Saint Kitts
Saint Vincent dollar - Saint Vincent
Sarawak dollar - Sarawak
Sierra Leonean dollar - Sierra Leone
Singapore dollar - Singapore
Solomon Islands dollar - Solomon Islands
Straits dollar - Brunei, Malaysia and Singapore
Sumatran dollar - Sumatra
Surinamese dollar - Suriname
Taiwan dollar - Taiwan
Texan dollar - Republic of Texas
Tobagan dollar - Tobago
Trinidadian dollar - Trinidad
Trinidad and Tobago dollar - Trinidad and Tobago
Tuvaluan dollar - Tuvalu (not an independent currency, equivalent to Australian dollar)
United States dollar - United States of America; also used officially in several other countries: British Indian Ocean Territory (accepted), East Timor (has own centavo coins), Ecuador (has own centavo coins), El Salvador, Marshall Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Palau and Panama (has own balboa currency)
Zimbabwean dollar - Zimbabwe

mvpel

Probably 99% of cash registers in the US aren't programmed to accept or offer change in multiple currencies, and given how difficult it is for the average operator to break a five without a calculator, I tend to doubt the prospects of widespread acceptance of silver or gold grams in common trade.

If you would like to sell your silver at or near the spot price, that's your prerogative, just as it's Jane's to sell a batch of lasagna for the price of the noodles, tomato sauce, and cheese - or the price of wheat, tomato seeds, and 7/176th of a hundredweight of milk.

mvpel