• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Big, bad news! Liberty Dollar offices raided.

Started by toowm, November 15, 2007, 09:04 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

toowm

Quote from: lawofattraction on November 15, 2007, 04:31 PM NHFT
Quote from: Russell Kanning on November 15, 2007, 03:10 PM NHFTIn other news .... $s are not backed by anything and Fort Knox is empty.

Are you sure that Fort Knox is empty?
The US gubbmint lost 2/3 of our gold by 1971. I highly doubt they rebuilt the stockpile, and likely got rid of it when we went off the gold standard.

ThePug

Quote from: Russell Kanning on November 15, 2007, 03:10 PM NHFTIn other news .... $s are not backed by anything and Fort Knox is empty.

Not really "empty"- they keep enough gold to look impressive to VIPs who visit. There's not nearly as much as they claim there is, though.

Fragilityh14

someone called into Alex Jones today saying that he had talked to Bernard, the guy who runs www.libertydollararrest.com, also LRC blog updated saying Bernard has filed suit today

Russell Kanning

as well as I know that George is a compassionate conservative. :)

Russell Kanning

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Friday on November 15, 2007, 04:25 PM NHFT
Quote from: Jon Maltz on November 15, 2007, 01:53 PM NHFT
http://www.courierpress.com/news/2007/nov/15/liberty-dollar-office-raided/
Apparently this happened Wednesday according to this.
This is the local Evansville paper.  They indicate that they either called, or went in person, to the LD office and spoke with employees there who said they were "cleaning up after the raid".
bummer

anarchicluv

Quote from: Fragilityh14 on November 15, 2007, 04:41 PM NHFT
someone called into Alex Jones today saying that he had talked to Bernard, the guy who runs www.libertydollararrest.com, also LRC blog updated saying Bernard has filed suit today

No, that bit in the LRC blog was a suit they filed against the Mint a while ago and had nothing to do with today.

Far as I can tell, and I've been following this all day, nothing has been confirmed yet.

ThePug

Quote from: lawofattraction on November 15, 2007, 04:41 PM NHFT
Quote from: ThePug on November 15, 2007, 04:35 PM NHFT

Not really "empty"- they keep enough gold to look impressive to VIPs who visit. There's not nearly as much as they claim there is, though.

How do you know? Have you been in there?

Me? No. But people see the interior of the vault all the time. I have a hard time believing they could really keep it hushed up if it was completely devoid of any gold. At the same time, for most people "a lot of gold" is just "a lot of gold"- short of an audit, nobody knows how much is actually there. They could easily have an impressive-looking amount in the vault, that would fool most people, but could still be only a small portion of what they claim to have.

ThePug

Quote from: Russell Kanning on November 15, 2007, 04:56 PM NHFT
Quote from: ThePug on November 15, 2007, 04:27 PM NHFT
Hopefully this will get slapped down in court.
I doubt it.

I wouldn't bet on it, but at the same time I wouldn't be surprised by it. The legal arguments against the LD are practically nonexistent. Even if it does gut struck down by a court, though- that's not what this is about. They're just trying to ruin the LD, and they've gone a long way towards doing that even if everything they've done is overturned. That's why there was no warning or chance for objection.

Russell Kanning

error

ThePug

Quote from: Russell Kanning on November 15, 2007, 05:03 PM NHFT
the feds have taken gold before

True, but that was part of "the law", even if "the law" was really just an unconstitutional executive order. This has no basis in either the United States Code nor in any executive order. It doesn't really make any difference, of course, but it does in the eyes of a judge, somehow.

FTL_Ian

FTL_Ian

Russell Kanning