• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Big, bad news! Liberty Dollar offices raided.

Started by toowm, November 15, 2007, 09:04 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

toowm

QuoteDear Liberty Dollar Supporters:

I sincerely regret to inform you that about 8:00 this morning a dozen FBI and Secret Service agents raided the Liberty Dollar office in Evansville.

For approximately six hours they took all the gold, all the silver, all the platinum and almost two tons of Ron Paul Dollars that where just delivered last Friday. They also took all the files, all the computers and froze our bank accounts.

We have no money. We have no products. We have no records to even know what was ordered or what you are owed. We have nothing but the will to push forward and overcome this massive assault on our liberty and our right to have real money as defined by the US Constitution. We should not to be defrauded by the fake government money.

But to make matters worse, all the gold and silver that backs up the paper certificates and digital currency held in the vault at Sunshine Mint has also been confiscated. Even the dies for mint the Gold and Silver Libertys have been taken.

This in spite of the fact that Edmond C. Moy, the Director of the Mint, acknowledged in a letter to a US Senator that the paper certificates did not violate Section 486 and were not illegal. But the FBI and Services took all the paper currency too.

The possibility of such action was the reason the Liberty Dollar was designed so that the vast majority of the money was in specie form and in the people's hands. Of the $20 million Liberty Dollars, only about a million is in paper or digital form.

I regret that if you are due an order. It may be some time until it will be filled... if ever... it now all depends on our actions.

Everyone who has an unfulfilled order or has digital or paper currency should band together for a class action suit and demand redemption. We cannot allow the government to steal our money! Please don't let this happen!!! Many of you read the articles quoting the government and Federal Reserve officials that the Liberty Dollar was legal. You did nothing wrong. You are legally entitled to your property. Let us use this terrible act to band together and further our goal – to return America to a value based currency.

Please forward this important Alert... so everyone who possess or use the Liberty Dollar is aware of the situation.

Please click HERE to sign up for the class action lawsuit and get your property back!

If the above link does not work you can access the page by copying the following into your web browser. http://www.libertydollar.org/classaction/index.php

Thanks again for your support at this darkest time as the damn government and their dollar sinks to a new low.

Bernard von NotHaus

Monetary Architect

Russell Kanning

wow .... we live in a police state

I have some liberty dollars ... in silver coins :)

I guess the LD guys were getting to the thugs. They don't like it when you start hacking at the root.

FTL_Ian

This is both disgusting and outrageous.   >:(

I wonder if they're going after the RCOs next.   :'(

Dave Ridley

wow that's some serious thuggery   i had ordered some RP dollars and it's sad i won't get them...altho the way i did the order I would have paid only after receiving them.

i heard the RP dollar was made into contraband is that true? 

Russell Kanning

Quote from: FTL_Ian on November 15, 2007, 09:40 AM NHFT
This is both disgusting and outrageous.   >:(

I wonder if they're going after the RCOs next.   :'(
I am sure they are content to step on just one throat at a time ... for now.
I bet the Ron Paul stuff was just the last straw for the powers that be

Recumbent ReCycler

Ugh, that's sickening.  I was hoping to get some of those Ron Paul dollars too.  Does anyone have any of the Ron Paul copper or silver rounds?

J’raxis 270145

Anyone have Ron Helwig's phone number and can give him a heads-up about this? I left him a message on both his own website and the NH Liberty Dollar site already.

Russell Kanning

svillee

This just goes to show that the US is not a safe place for alternate currencies.  The e-gold raid last April shows the same thing.

If you like digital currency, consider pecunix which has absolutely no US presence.

If you want physical gold or silver, buy discreetly from your local coin shop.

Russell Kanning

or even more distreetly from your friends.

I agree with you Stevarino.

Nothing is safe from the feds ... it is better to get used to the idea

Ron Helwig

At this point I am assuming that it is real. I have received the email and it looks genuine.

I called up Charles Hampe (the RCO guy) and he is looking into it, including trying to call the main office.

We still don't know anything more than what is in the email. Speculation and wild guesses are flying across the ether. Whether or not it is related to the Ron Paul Liberties is unknown, but I wouldn't put it past the bastards.

At this point I am still thinking we should go ahead with the meeting tomorrow, if for nothing else than to decide on what actions we want to take and how we should proceed.

FTL_Ian

The Sunshine Mint doesn't know anything about a raid.

This may be a hoax.  Whoever wrote that e-mail certainly did a good job sounding like Bernard.

Porcupine_in_MA

Gene the Christian Anarchist posted it before I posted it on here, on the FTL message board. Hmmmmm I don't know where he got it from. There's nothing on the Norfed website about this. Another hmmmm.

Spencer

The shopping cart on the site gives a 404 error.

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: FTL_Ian on November 15, 2007, 10:34 AM NHFT
The Sunshine Mint doesn't know anything about a raid.

This may be a hoax.  Whoever wrote that e-mail certainly did a good job sounding like Bernard.

The signup form (http://www.libertydollar.org/classaction/index.php) linked in the message certainly exists and is on the right domain name, but the page is just described as "class action lawsuit signup" and could be for one of their earlier suits. There is no news about this on the http://www.libertydollar.org/ site. Why would they put up a new form for signing up for a lawsuit related to this action, and yet not link it from their front page?