• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Curious observation about Texas

Started by KBCraig, November 16, 2007, 04:25 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat K

KBCraig

Quote from: mike82934 on November 16, 2007, 08:58 PM NHFT
The thing that I didn't understand was that I couldn't find a place that served crawfish. Catfish was aplenty, but there wasn't a crawfish one...and so close to Louisiana!
I may have to just cross the state line every once in awhile to go get my fix.  ;D

Even when you cross the line, you'll find that you're more likely to find crawfish cooked up and served to go, from trailers in grocery store parking lots on Fridays and Saturdays. There are sit-down places, but most crawfish is served up to take home.

cathleeninnh

Now you are making me homesick. Love the crawfish! Now, tamales are what is best out of the back of a truck. Just don't ask what is in them.

Planning a trip to Houston now.

Been to Jasper. Met a lady log hauler there.

Cathleen

mike82934

I was in a restaurant in Monroe, LA when I was younger that served all-you-can-eat crawfish in a one-gallon plastic bucket. That's along the lines of what I want to find again. Of course, I saw a little corner store selling them live, so I guess I could just cook them up myself.

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on November 16, 2007, 11:27 PM NHFT
Pulled pork is my favorite. I got to get my smoker going again.

I have to agree that pulled pork is great.

Kat Kanning

Lloyd Danforth

Pat K

Quote from: Lloyd  Danforth on November 18, 2007, 06:32 AM NHFT
I think Lauren makes them

Yes, Lauren made some very nice Tamales,
for us back in the bad old New London days.

In that terrible land were Beer is not sold on Sunday
and they steal your house.

It is were the secret TAPER group was started
the Tamale Anarchy Peoples Resistance .

Word has it they have relocated.  ;D

Kat Kanning

Oh yeah, I remember that.  Those were great!

David

Quote from: Pat K on November 18, 2007, 02:44 PM NHFT
Quote from: Lloyd  Danforth on November 18, 2007, 06:32 AM NHFT
I think Lauren makes them

Yes, Lauren made some very nice Tamales,
for us back in the bad old New London days.

In that terrible land were Beer is not sold on Sunday
and they steal your house.

It is were the secret TAPER group was started
the Tamale Anarchy Peoples Resistance .

Word has it they have relocated.  ;D
I'm not familiar with this group.  I must have lost another battle in my ongoing effort to draw the out of system types to keene.   :'(

Raineyrocks

Crawfish was available at a Chinese Buffet we used to go to in Delmarva, they look like miniature lobster.  My son put one on his plate and I told my daughter he wouldn't be able to figure out how to eat it, sure enough, he was totally confused.

I don't eat shrimp, lobster or crawfish so I couldn't help him figure it out but I didn't want him to just throw it away, I mean it got killed for someone to eat. I had him wrap it in a napkin, put it in his pocket to put it outside in case there were any stray cats that might want to eat it .  I know, I know, there probably aren't many cats hanging around a Chinese restaurant that are alive anyway. :o 

Just kidding about the cat/Chinese restaurant thing, that is a myth, right?

Kat Kanning

No, it's not a myth, Rainey.  All chinese restaurants serve cat instead of chicken.  They just say it's chicken.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Kat Kanning on November 19, 2007, 03:14 PM NHFT
No, it's not a myth, Rainey.  All chinese restaurants serve cat instead of chicken.  They just say it's chicken.

But won't they get shut down when someone finds out?  I am so glad I eat the bean curd instead! 

Pat K

True story, at work on our 3 man nights
we take a break from the fine dinning
experience offered at the Hospital and
get some kind of take out.

So we order some Chinese food, newer
place right around the corner .

Food tastes bad. Bitch about it and
say we won't order from there again.

A couple nights later I am reading the paper
and find out the place was raided and shut
down for serving SEAGULL!!

I could make one of the guys I was
working with get nauseous for months
after just by doing a seagulls cry.  ;D

Kat Kanning

PatK, I made one of the ladies where I used to work actually throw up from one of my stories.  :puke:  I'll tell you the offending story if you like.

Pat K

Quote from: Kat Kanning on November 19, 2007, 04:24 PM NHFT
PatK, I made one of the ladies where I used to work actually throw up from one of my stories.  :puke:  I'll tell you the offending story if you like.

Sure nothing like a good hurling story.  ;D