• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

"Spot price"

Started by mvpel, November 17, 2007, 08:30 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

KBCraig

I believe that in this current market, it make sense for sellers to sell at or near spot price. Yes, they could get more, but they can make a quick profit at/near spot, and the buyer is happy for the bargain.

The faster the dollar falls, the more likely sellers will be to set prices near, at, or even below spot. The dollar is plunging so fast, it's unlikely that offers to sell above spot, will still be "above" spot by the time the transaction is completed.

mvpel

Hexagon-shaped silver pieces would prevent wasted planchet material.  I wonder if that's even technically feasible with current minting technology?

MaineShark

Quote from: mvpel on November 26, 2007, 12:28 PM NHFTHexagon-shaped silver pieces would prevent wasted planchet material.  I wonder if that's even technically feasible with current minting technology?

We talked about that at the Thanksgiving thing, and I believe the issue was wasted material at the edges, even if it isn't wasted in between each round.

Joe