• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Poor me; or somthing to be thankful about?

Started by John, November 22, 2007, 10:07 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

John

Quote from: grasshopper on December 05, 2007, 06:00 PM NHFTYour sickness might be the "proverbial" '   Wake up call"  Now, who is calling?  Your spirit or the holy spirit?

I don't have time to read the bible today but, I love the question(s).
Funny (maybe) story about the day I turned from atheism toward agnosticism (which, to me, just means being a bit more open mined on the subject): A chain of events, and experiences with some of the nicest folks I've ever met had been going on for quite some time; then one day a surprising - and particularly invigorating experience (cold water early in the morning) caused me to cry out -"Oh my God! Oh God. That is sooo good . . ."  (I don't normally use the word God, even in those kinds of situations.)

With that, I said to myself that while I don't think there is a god, and that if there is I'm not looking for him; that maybe there is, and he is looking for me.

That said: I still think it is my spirit.  I believe we all have a spirit - which (if we act the right way & without even trying) can be quite holy.  I have seen it in others.  It has something to do with Peace & Love.

grasshopper

A sprit, great, at least you know the power is in the spirit.   Your half way there!
   His will be done, as well as ours as long as it is Gods will.

Shit, call it Elvis, easterbunny, just ask it to be the  creator of the universe.  Yeshuah.
  Difference, one died on a cross, amd the other on the toilet. ;D