• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Poor me; or somthing to be thankful about?

Started by John, November 22, 2007, 10:07 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

John

1st.     I'm already getting better.
2nd.    I had some exposure at work which lead me to go see a doctor: seeing a doctor is something most guys my age don't always do.
3rd.     I asked for a chest x-ray.
4th.     Test showed signs of emphysema.
Etc.     
5th.     Standard tests were also done.
6th.     Tests show high sugar and high cholesterol.
7th.     Further test is diegnostic of diabetes.
8th.     Doctor writes 2 perscriptions for #6th.
9th.     I do not except the "doctor's orders."
Etc.
1st.     I commit to reclaiming my health naturally.
2nd.    I begin learning (and in some cases relearning) some of the things that we should all know about diet and health.
3rd.     Etc.  Well, I'm sure I already missed mentioning a few/many things here - and I sure don't want to get ALL preachy.
Etc.     Etc.     Etc.
Maybe I'll tell the story in longer form some day, OR maybe not.
I have read a WHOLE LOT about natural health this year (more than ever in the past, and I had read some before) . . .  I could tell about how and why  . . . etc.

1st.    If you do nothing else - LEARN to FORGIVE!
2nd.   If you are not practiced at forgiving, please practice with & on the little things.
3rd.    Forgive everything in the past - - - including yourself.
4th.    Forgive EVERYTHING - as you would wish to be forgiven.
5th.    Remember to practice forgiving ALL OF the LITTTLE THINGS!

I don't want to be too preachy, but the key to health is really very simple.
I have no religion, but there is SURELY a spirit within us all which is easy to call forward.
What does your forward "spirit" say to the world around you?
My "forward spirit" is calling home the health and peace around me.

My "spirit" is still stronger than before.
PLEASE never give up your "forward spirit to anything nagative!!"

RangerProbst

John, sorry to hear all of that.

I surely don't know everything about health and fitness but I think I know more than most. If you want to try to turn things around, I'd be glad to answer any questions or offer direction.

Thanks for the tips at the bottom. I need to forgive myself more. I hold things against myself too often and it only affects my moods and damages progress.

John

No need to feel sorry for me.  I'm OK!

(note: I changed my post before I saw your responce.)

Jim Johnson

John

Quote from: RangerProbst on November 22, 2007, 10:20 PM NHFTI need to forgive myself more. I hold things against myself too often and it only affects my moods and damages progress.

When you begin to forgive others - remember to forgive the little things first - you will be amased at how fast other things will come clean.  Health is the natural state.  Forgive others, and then you will find peace within yourself.

John

toowm

John- I've had diabetes for 15 years. Let me know if you want info on control through a low-carb diet.

(The mashed cauliflower today was pretty good.)

John

Quote from: toowm on November 22, 2007, 10:49 PM NHFT(The mashed cauliflower today was pretty good.)

Thanks.
I've had mashed cauliflower, so when you say "pretty good" me-thinks you are holding back.   8)

I'm thinking the actual whole grains I've been buying,cooking, and eating (as opposed to the "made with whole grains" stuff) is what I'll continue to look for.

Kat Kanning

John, I think if you're determined to get well via natural methods, you'll be able to do it :)   :hug:

RangerProbst

Quote from: John on November 22, 2007, 11:13 PM NHFT
Quote from: toowm on November 22, 2007, 10:49 PM NHFT(The mashed cauliflower today was pretty good.)

Thanks.
I've had mashed cauliflower, so when you say "pretty good" me-thinks you are holding back.   8)

I'm thinking the actual whole grains I've been buying,cooking, and eating (as opposed to the "made with whole grains" stuff) is what I'll continue to look for.

This may frighten you, but it's definitely worth doing if you want to clean your system out and start fresh. Everyone should hit it up every 5 years or so unless you are a hard-core vegan. I'm not saying that because I'm vegan either. I love my red meat.

http://www.drnatura.com/colonix_program.php

I'd do both the Colonix and Toxinout programs.

EJinCT

Quote from: Kat Kanning on November 23, 2007, 04:00 AM NHFT
John, I think if you're determined to get well via natural methods, you'll be able to do it :)   :hug:

Wholly agree.

IME, there are always aspects of life we can be thankful for, even when faced with exceptional challenges. If nothing else, they can be a great catalyst for personal growth. I also feel holding a positive attitude towards our experiences makes an enormous difference in the quality of living.

Hope all improves for you.  8)

Tom Sawyer

Wishing you well John... Been thinking about you lately, hope we get to see more of you.  :)

David

He was up in our neck of the woods...last sunday I think.  He was here, your weren't.   ;D  You were missed Tom. 

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: David on November 23, 2007, 11:15 PM NHFT
He was up in our neck of the woods...last sunday I think.  He was here, your weren't.   ;D  You were missed Tom. 

Yeah I got to see John at Porc Manor I was not able to make the larger get together.

kola

Hey John, sometimes when we get sick it becomes a blessing in disguise. For many, it surely makes one put things into perspective and appreciate the things we used to ignore.

I battled cancer and according to docs I am supposed to be dead. (I refused their recommendations of pharm drugs, chemo, rads and butchery). Feel free to PM me. I have over 25 years experience in nutrition/alternative methods and I continue to slay the dragon.

btw I admire your thoughts regarding the spirit. Sickness almost always opens the doors to this kind of recognition. (and a sick spirit is often the cause of the illness).
As you know NA Indians are very big on the spirit world and its interconnections to life and living.   

walking the Red Road,
Kola