• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

NH History Books

Started by Free_Marketeer, July 10, 2008, 06:11 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Free_Marketeer

Does anyone have any recommendations for good NH history books?  By good, I mean, not statist.  :) 

Edit: Other than Gardner Goldsmith's (thought that was obvious).   ;D

Ron Helwig

No specific ones, but you should look into Ralph Borsodi's Exeter experiment. I'd also suggest finding out about Edward Gove.

who is Carl Drega?

JosephSHaas

The N.H. State Archives, on Fruit Street in Concord has those hardcover 8 1/2 " x 11" books about 1/2 inch thick on N.H. History as written by Chuck Douglas' wife #____ who wrote three volumes in red, blue and green covers.

The Archives has hundreds of the Volumes 1 + 3, but not Vol. 2. And they're For Sale at only: $1.00 each.

I think there's a limit of two sets per customer: one for yourself, and another to use as a gift, because when somebody bought up a whole bunch once, I think they frowned on maybe them being sold at Yard Sales for $5.00 each, the original published price I think was: $20.00 each.

Good luck, -- Joe     http://www.state.nh.us