• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

At what point does it become "political" to criticize the Drug War?

Started by Rocketman, November 27, 2007, 04:43 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocketman

Okay, let's see if anybody gets the friggin' point this time...

CNHT

Quote from: Rocketman on November 27, 2007, 04:43 PM NHFT
Okay, let's see if anybody gets the friggin' point this time...

Matt you're welcome to discuss the legislation about hemp or anything else on the www.NHLibertyCalendar.org/forum

In fact if you want a good choice of names, I suggest you sign up now.  ;)

Rocketman

First I'd like to make about a dozen points on the way out... but I am glad this forum split is happening.  We will be better off with separate forums, and the timing is perfect, over a month before state house action begins in force.

So anyway, thanks for being silly I guess.   8)

Russell Kanning

If you are leaving our forum .... see you later ... in person I guess.

Rocketman

Quote from: Russell Kanning on November 27, 2007, 05:28 PM NHFT
If you are leaving our forum .... see you later ... in person I guess.

I didn't say I was leaving the forum.  I am often quite interested in "outside-the-system" activism (though I'm never sure what the hell that even means -- the marketplace of ideas is one big decentralized system, and I try to peddle my ideas wherever the markets are).  Depending on the issue, sometimes I think civil disobedience can be the most effective option for achieving liberty -- especially when complemented by "political" action. 

I am merely venting my frustration at what I perceive to be your disrespect for those of us who don't share your view on the immorality of participation.  I can only suppose it is your goal to become marginalized as much as possible -- yeah, that'll help you convince the masses to stop supporting universal health care and criminal penalties for consensual "criminal" acts!

Russell Kanning

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Rocketman on November 27, 2007, 05:49 PM NHFT
I am merely venting my frustration at what I perceive to be your disrespect for those of us who don't share your view on the immorality of participation.  I can only suppose it is your goal to become marginalized as much as possible -- yeah, that'll help you convince the masses to stop supporting universal health care and criminal penalties for consensual "criminal" acts!
I want to separate myself from those that are using different means .... on our forum here.
I don't feel even the slightest bit marginalized when I stand up for what I think is right. :)

EJinCT

All topics have the potential to be political; even more difficulty in differentiating results from not all people having the same opinion on what would constitute a "political" discussion.

shyfrog

As the owner of Ceilidh House so eloquently put it:

"We're ALL political animals!"

Tom Sawyer

Hey Rocketman I would really enjoy you hang around and helping promote the issue I share with you.

I am not very interested in putting my efforts behind political candidates, all though I have done so before, but the single issue, nonpartisan, political activism I do help with.

To hear Jane encourage your participation in her forum is really something to hear. She is willing to let the cannabis folks rot... course I have a hard time forgetting that the elephants declared war on me and my friends. The elephants are the ones that need to work for forgiveness.

CNHT

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on November 27, 2007, 07:32 PM NHFT
Hey Rocketman I would really enjoy you hang around and helping promote the issue I share with you.

I am not very interested in putting my efforts behind political candidates, all though I have done so before, but the single issue, nonpartisan, political activism I do help with.

To hear Jane encourage your participation in her forum is really something to hear. She is willing to let the cannabis folks rot... course I have a hard time forgetting that the elephants declared war on me and my friends. The elephants are the ones that need to work for forgiveness.

1) It's not 'my' forum - everyone is welcome and no one will be 'smited' for saying they like or dislike a bill
2) I have never let the cannibis folks 'rot' (?)
3) Not sure why elephants have to work for forgiveness. They seem to score the highest on every list, including the NHLA, not that they are always right
4) My forum won't rate bills so we won't be telling you how to vote either

CNHT

Quote from: lawofattraction on November 27, 2007, 08:37 PM NHFT
Quote from: CNHT on November 27, 2007, 08:04 PM NHFT2) I have never let the cannibis folks 'rot' (?)

Really?

Quote from: CNHT on May 18, 2007, 09:42 PM NHFTI guess in a free country one has a right to be of the opinion that marijuana should not be legalized. I don't care one way or another since I don't ever expect I'd want to smoke it...so I don't really care about what he or anyone else thinks about that. I don't even know what Ron's position is on it...I certainly would not choose a candidate based on that.

Yah so what's your point?
It's not my main issue but then again it doesn't have to be. We have people and whole organizations (Matt) for that!

I can only do so much. So to expect me to take up that cause is rather unfair don't you think?

armlaw

Quote from: GraniteForge on November 27, 2007, 05:31 PM NHFT
Obviously: As soon as you think about it, comrade.

Check out www.leap.cc for info on International efforts to expose the 19.7 Billion $ War on Drugs for the fraud that it is.

Dreepa

Quote from: armlaw on November 27, 2007, 08:55 PM NHFT
Quote from: GraniteForge on November 27, 2007, 05:31 PM NHFT
Obviously: As soon as you think about it, comrade.

Check out www.leap.cc for info on International efforts to expose the 19.7 Billion $ War on Drugs for the fraud that it is.
Dare I mention that a LEAP speaker will be at the 2008 Liberty Forum ;D

CNHT

Quote from: lawofattraction on November 27, 2007, 08:47 PM NHFT
Quote from: CNHT on November 27, 2007, 08:44 PM NHFTYah so what's your point?

That you are willing to let the cannabis folks rot.

QuoteIt's not my main issue but then again it doesn't have to be. We have people and whole organizations (Matt) for that!
I can only do so much. So to expect me to take up that cause is rather unfair don't you think?

I couldn't agree more. People should work on the issues that interest them.   

I think Matt is doing a good job. If I were in office I'd vote to decrim, they know that. But I'm not going to beat people over the head with it.

MY job is to beat people over the head about taxes and land grabs. :-)