• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

At what point does it become "political" to criticize the Drug War?

Started by Rocketman, November 27, 2007, 04:43 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

CNHT

Quote from: Dreepa on November 27, 2007, 08:56 PM NHFT
Quote from: armlaw on November 27, 2007, 08:55 PM NHFT
Quote from: GraniteForge on November 27, 2007, 05:31 PM NHFT
Obviously: As soon as you think about it, comrade.

Check out www.leap.cc for info on International efforts to expose the 19.7 Billion $ War on Drugs for the fraud that it is.
Dare I mention that a LEAP speaker will be at the 2008 Liberty Forum ;D

Wow, better watch yourself! Someone who doesn't like that might decide to smite you! Or ban the discussion!

armlaw

Quote from: CNHT on November 27, 2007, 09:03 PM NHFT
Quote from: Dreepa on November 27, 2007, 08:56 PM NHFT
Quote from: armlaw on November 27, 2007, 08:55 PM NHFT
Quote from: GraniteForge on November 27, 2007, 05:31 PM NHFT
Obviously: As soon as you think about it, comrade.

Check out www.leap.cc for info on International efforts to expose the 19.7 Billion $ War on Drugs for the fraud that it is.
Dare I mention that a LEAP speaker will be at the 2008 Liberty Forum ;D

Wow, better watch yourself! Someone who doesn't like that might decide to smite you! Or ban the discussion!

All truth passes through three stages.
First, it is ridiculed.
Second, it is violently opposed.
Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
Arthur Schopenhauer
German philosopher (1788 - 1860)

David

:clap: :clap: :clap:
The liberty movement needs to be DECENTRALIZED.  Congratulations Jane. 
Absence makes the heart grow fonder.  For everyones basic sanity, it is good to occasionally  stop debating and to be around those who believe what you believe.  I believe that the movement gets stronger, even as it occasionally fragments, so long as the fragment is done with respect. 

CNHT

Quote from: David on November 27, 2007, 10:27 PM NHFT
:clap: :clap: :clap:
The liberty movement needs to be DECENTRALIZED.  Congratulations Jane. 
Absence makes the heart grow fonder.  For everyones basic sanity, it is good to occasionally  stop debating and to be around those who believe what you believe.  I believe that the movement gets stronger, even as it occasionally fragments, so long as the fragment is done with respect. 

Um I'm not sure if you are praising me or mocking me. I just see something needs doing and I do it, not talk about it. The others for some reason are still arguing about it in email.  Seth did not like the section for presidential primaries. That's a big part of NH political doings. So I would assume if you go to the board specifically for that, you'd want to see someplace where you could talk about the primaries! No?

My complaint is, if you have to wait 48 hours to set up a forum, if it's going to be a problem like it was the last time when NHLA had a mailing list/forum, if I just did what was needed faster than anyone because I was going to do it anyway, why is Seth being an in grateful snit? Then again, if they can give poor Dreepa shit for all he does, it just goes to show ya.

And I meant it when I said Matt is doing a good job. I have too much else on my plate, and everyone has to take a part of the load. I'm doing more than my fair share.

Seems to me people spend more time pointing out what's wrong or what someone DIDN'T do (Sawyer saying I let something 'rot'?) or naysaying some other negative thing...no wonder Natalie blew up the other day about her newspaper. Now I know just how she feels.

David

I am very serious.  I knew it would happen, that the forum would split, just didn't think so soon.  Decentralization is important.  You helped do it.  On the other tread, Seth was writing about another in the works, that is good to. 
I'm not political, but i am not hostile either.   :)

CNHT

Quote from: David on November 27, 2007, 11:22 PM NHFT
I am very serious.  I knew it would happen, that the forum would split, just didn't think so soon.  Decentralization is important.  You helped do it.  On the other tread, Seth was writing about another in the works, that is good to. 
I'm not political, but i am not hostile either.   :)

Well as I said, it was threatened before so I had it installed. So, I just took the bull by the horns. I didn't whine to R and K and say 'but why?' But then it was never done.

After all, did you really think I could get a forum like that one up and running and tweaked like it is in 10 minutes?

When the email came around from Seth, Dennis, Tammy, Dawn, Jim and Chris, I simply informed them all that I had a forum we could use, was open to suggestions for sections, and they were welcome to start using it. And the result was Seth had a temper tantrum/hissy fit and smited me. Apparently others thought it was WRONG to make known the needed forum because they smited me too. I guess if you're a masochist and want to be flogged for something, you come here?  ;)

I think if it weren't so sad it would be funny. 48 hours? We'll see. Last time it was 48 months and never happened.

To be honest with you, they HAD two other forums and they were shut down because ONE PERSON complained. No one is going to shut down mine...you can be sure of that, for one complaint by one person.

EJinCT

Quote from: CNHT on November 27, 2007, 08:44 PM NHFT
Quote from: lawofattraction on November 27, 2007, 08:37 PM NHFT
Quote from: CNHT on November 27, 2007, 08:04 PM NHFT2) I have never let the cannibis folks 'rot' (?)

Really?

Quote from: CNHT on May 18, 2007, 09:42 PM NHFTI don't care one way or another since I don't ever expect I'd want to smoke it...so I don't really care about what he or anyone else thinks about that.
Perhaps this is due to a misunderstanding of the intent of your written words.

Your words seem to imply that since it is not one of your chosen topics to tackle, that you simply don't care if it is others. It's not something that effects you, so you don't care if it jeopardized.

Not taking sides; just trying to point out a point of possible confusion/divergence.  ;)

IMO, any loss of freedom effects us all; and each bit of erosion, no matter what sector it derives from, only serves to lessen all of our liberties.

CNHT

Well I think most people know (maybe not you) how stretched out I am working for about 50 organizations...and I'm not 25 years old either.

And I also said I know Matt is doing a great job with his outreach, work on legislation, and a website.. They are really all set and don't need help from me do they?

Also, it's rather a turn off when you take the intiative to do things and then you are trashed for not playing nice with people.

In another thread, where Seth brings up the fact I made the Liberty Calendar, I pointed out that this did not stop him from going ahead with his own idea, when he was ready, but he never did. What's up with that? Trashed for having provided a service my group needed and others have been using?

So you see you're damned if you do and damned if you don't. Not a good way to treat people who take the intiative to get things done...

EJinCT

Quote from: CNHT on November 28, 2007, 08:17 AM NHFT
So you see you're damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Oh yeah, I can commiserate with that, 100%.  8)  Want something done right, do it yourself.

Stay true to yourself. There will always be haters/naysayers, so IMO, were all better off doing what we feel we need to, regardless of others comments/opinions.

MaineShark

Quote from: EJinNH on November 28, 2007, 07:49 AM NHFTYour words seem to imply that since it is not one of your chosen topics to tackle, that you simply don't care if it is others.

Not caring can be a good thing... Friends Don't Care ;D

Joe

CNHT

Quote from: EJinNH on November 28, 2007, 08:31 AM NHFT
So you see you're damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Oh yeah, I can commiserate with that, 100%.  8)  Want something done right, do it yourself.

Stay true to yourself. There will always be haters/naysayers, so IMO, were all better off doing what we feel we need to, regardless of others comments/opinions.

Yeah and I repeat, no one was stopping anyone from producing their vision of what was needed, even if I used mine while I waited, and waited and waited!
It was not that I don't 'play nice'....good grief. So many control freaks!

Pat K

Quote from: MaineShark on November 28, 2007, 08:45 AM NHFT
Quote from: EJinNH on November 28, 2007, 07:49 AM NHFTYour words seem to imply that since it is not one of your chosen topics to tackle, that you simply don't care if it is others.

Not caring can be a good thing... Friends Don't Care ;D

Joe

;D 8)

SethCohn

In another thread, where Seth brings up the fact I made the Liberty Calendar, I pointed out that this did not stop him from going ahead with his own idea, when he was ready, but he never did.

Bullshit,  you claimed you waited a year before you did it.  And I said that after suggesting improvements, I stopped bothering, and wasn't willing to compete since I had other projects to work on besides just competing with you because your calendar sucked IMHO.

Russell Kanning

is this the way you would be willing to talk to Jane in person? Would you like to be spoken to to this way?

SethCohn

Quote from: Russell Kanning on November 28, 2007, 07:41 PM NHFT
is this the way you would be willing to talk to Jane in person? Would you like to be spoken to to this way?

If she made boldfaced lies in front of me, yes, I'll call her bullshit in person.

And if I made stuff up and lied, I'd fully expect people to call me on it too.  Except I wouldn't.