• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

"Arc Hours"

Started by ArcRiley, November 29, 2007, 11:28 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

ArcRiley

Taking a cue from an old friend..

In order to get rent paid this month I'm selling a small bank of "Arc Hours".  These are basically pre-purchased discount labor notes from me @ $25/hour (half my normal rate) redeemable anytime in 2008.  I'm selling up to 25 of these through Friday night.

... sort of like gift certificates sold at half price.  Hold onto them until you have a computer problem, or have your plumbing break in the middle of the night, or need something electrical done, etc.

I can be reached at ArcRiley@gmail.com (email/jabber) or at Ivy's Friday night.

picaro

I can vouch for Arc's computer skills.  He taught me the basics of linux (setting up a Gentoo box) and python programming.

If you'd like a better understanding of a superior and free (as in speech) operating system -- consider lessons from Arc.

You're getting skill and experience at below market price... and you're supporting a freedom activist who needs the cash -- I'm a happy customer.

ArcRiley

just to clarify the Hours can apply just as equally to non-computer jobs, from grunt labor to emergency help in your basement or attic, to any number of computer jobs from getting your Windows computer fixed to website help to instruction.

SethCohn

Sorry, I only buy items with Ron Paul's face on them, so when the backing authority is raided, and the value of them will go skyhigh so ebayers will go crazy.

The closest Arc Hours can come to that is some weird guy asking you to remove your clothes and hacking your computers.

>:D

If I had spare cash, I'd be interested...  but...

ArcRiley

::)

Yea um, I'm not the weird guy asking people to remove clothes :P  I doubt people would pay me to do that.

Dave Ridley

i think i like this hour-currency idea. 
imagine dozens of competing currencies put out by individuals....

Pat McCotter

Just remember - selling circulating more hours than you are able to work is called inflation. :o

ArcRiley

Yea see that's the thing, most of the time I "work" is actually unpaid time looking for jobs, or talking to prospectives.  Doing the work is the easy part, no way I could sell enough Hours (especially at this rate) to not be able to honor them all.

Selling that many, I wouldn't have to look for any more work.

Insurgent

Quote from: ArcRiley on December 01, 2007, 10:18 PM NHFT
Yea see that's the thing, most of the time I "work" is actually unpaid time looking for jobs, or talking to prospectives.  Doing the work is the easy part, no way I could sell enough Hours (especially at this rate) to not be able to honor them all.

I am an extremely happy customer. ArcRiley worked for three hours on my computer system, with outstanding results, which lead me to purchase three more "Arc Hours" as a reserve. Since I am so pleased with his knowledge, experience and expertise, I expect that I'll redeem these hours in the next year and am glad to have them in reserve  :D

error

Pat McCotter

Quote from: ArcRiley on December 01, 2007, 10:18 PM NHFT

Don't get me wrong - I like the idea. Good luck to you!

I once worked with a guy in Norfolk, VA, who lived three hours from the job. He got a new job down the street from his house that paid less per hour but he got a raise because he was only "working" 8 hours a day instead of 14.