• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

"Liberty Essay" contest for NH students

Started by Dave Ridley, November 29, 2007, 02:07 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Ridley

Jacob Halbrooks over at NH Liberty Essay is holding his first essay-writing contest for students.  The theme is "Human Energy and Individual Freedom;" the deadline is April 1, 2008, and the prizes range from $100 on down.

I'm guessing this would be right up the alley of homeschoolers, but it appears any New Hampshire resident under age 22 is eligible.

Details are at:

http://www.nhlibertyessay.com/

shyfrog

The "Anti-Assemblage" is working furiously on hers.  ;)

I think that's why my copies of "The Law", "Common Sense", and "The Rights of Man" disappeared.

Rocketman

Quote from: shyfrog on November 30, 2007, 06:18 AM NHFT

I think that's why my copies of "The Law", "Common Sense", and "The Rights of Man" disappeared.

Ah, real education... (but I dunno, some of it sounds political!)

The Anti-Assemblage

Almost done with it  :) I'll probably post a rough draft on the forum as soon as I get it typed (for feedback and the likes).
Quote from: shyfrog on November 30, 2007, 06:18 AM NHFT

They didn't disappear... they're around the house... somewhere.  :blush:

Kat Kanning

Dave Ridley

shyfrog

Miracle of miracles...she cleaned her room and there it was! "The Law" in all its paperback glory. ;D

Jacobus

This is a reminder that essays are due by April 1.  Remember that since this contest is only open to New Hampshire residents, your entry has an excellent chance of placing. 

lildog

Anyone know if Tyler Stern (the kid who ran for state rep last year) entered?  This seems right up his alley and he'd qualify.  I'd be interested in seeing his entry.

Jacobus

Honestly, I have not yet received any entries from anyone :-(

If anyone has any last minute ideas for promotion please let me know.

Kat Kanning

shyfrog

I reminded my daughter she needs to finish hers

Jacobus

Luke S

Jacobus