• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Amethyste Fisher's Recordings

Started by Michael Fisher, June 25, 2005, 08:32 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Fisher

Hey Liberty Ladies!? I thought you'd be interested in this.

My wife's voice recordings are available here.? The top ten or so are very recent recordings.
http://amethyste.ctgreatbay.com/

This is her most recent recording:
Angel
:o

Let her know on this thread what you think or contact her directly at:? amethyste@myway.com

Enjoy!? ?:)

AlanM

Mike, the Angel link doesn't work for me, but found it from the other link.

Amethyste, Angel is VERY nice. You have a nice voice.  :) The only thing I noticed was a little bit of unsureness. Keep at it and that will disappear.
A budding Star perhaps?

Michael Fisher

Unsureness... hmmm.... interesting.  If you're talking about the high notes, it could be caused by the editing software and the microphone, which are very problematic.  Every time she hits a high note, she has to turn away from the microphone so she doesn't max it out, then she must decrease the amplitude of that note with the editing software.

Of course this is just being recorded on her computer, and her last teacher had the same problem with her voice maxing out the mic in his professional recording studio.   ;D

AlanM

Quote from: LeRuineur6 on June 25, 2005, 10:28 PM NHFT
Unsureness... hmmm.... interesting.? If you're talking about the high notes, it could be caused by the editing software and the microphone, which are very problematic.? Every time she hits a high note, she has to turn away from the microphone so she doesn't max it out, then she must decrease the amplitude of that note with the editing software.

Of course this is just being recorded on her computer, and her last teacher had the same problem with her voice maxing out the mic in his professional recording studio.? ?;D

It's a minor problem that will most likely work itself out.  ;)

AlanM

Just listened to I Wanna Be With You. Excellent! Didn't hear any unsureness. It might just be the comfort level with the songs.

KBCraig

Wonderful!

The key to not overdriving a mic is distance. Try it at 2-3 feet, then 5 feet, until you get it bracketed to the right level. You'll lose any proximity effect you might have been getting, but with her voice that's not needed anyway (and can be restored with EQ if needed). At close range, even tiny changes in volume have a disproportionate effect. You do have to be extra-careful about background noise (and S:N) when you back away from the mic.

Some of the greatest vocal mics in the world have very limited dynamic ranges. When I worked in radio, my first station had ancient GE ribbon element mics, which are AWESOME for spoken vocals, but required very consistent distance and modulation from the speaker to avoid blowing them out. I used a 6" foam pop filter, had the mic at 90 degrees (sideways) to my mouth, and talked past the mic, rather than directly into it. The same mic for singing would have to be positioned at least 4-6 feet away in a dead room.

Kevin

Michael Fisher

Here's a new one:
The Prayer - A duet with Ian Michael
http://www.ctgreatbay.com/files/af-theprayerianmichael.mp3

Many of her recordings can be found here:  http://amethyste.ctgreatbay.com

Michael Fisher

Holy cow!? Her new recordings are absolutely amazing!? She is really becoming an expert at this stuff!? ?:o :o :o

And for the first time ever, I'm in one of her songs!? LOL!? ?;D

Here's the website:
http://amethyste.ctgreatbay.com/

Here are her four newest songs:

Amethyste Fisher - Linger

Amethyste Fisher - My Immortal

Amethyste Fisher - Tous Les Cris Les SOS

Amethyste Fisher - Barbie Girl, with Mike Fisher
LOL!!!

Dave Ridley

Nice going Amethyste!  The only one i have dowloaded so far is the one about Mike;s protest that really rocked!  well,,.. in a non rocking sort of way   are you performing at porcupine fest?

jgmaynard

I liked it a ot.. The version of Linger is great! :D

JM

AlanM

Hey Amethyste, lookin good! Loved Barbie Girl!  ;D Linger was good too. Haven't dowloaded the other 2 yet.

Michael Fisher

AlanM

Lots of good stuff here. "Only an Ocean" is great!

AlanM

Nella Fantasia is just beautiful!!  :)

AlanM

"The Prayer" with Ian Michael is very moving. Excellent, both of you!