• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Amethyste Fisher's Recordings

Started by Michael Fisher, June 25, 2005, 08:32 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

AlanM

Popularity, schmopularity. If she enjoy's singing, and others enjoy listening to her, who the f.... cares what some stupid judges think.
Amethyste has a rare talent. Period. Keep up the good work young lady, those of us who like quality are counting on you.

Michael Fisher

Does anyone here like techno music?

Two days ago, someone contacted my wife about using her vocals for their techno music because she was interested in doing techno-opera or similar recordings!!!   :o

As of tonight, the first complete draft of the first song has already been recorded.  It sounds amazing.  I am in complete shock! :o

This is great stuff!  8)

Unfortunately, I'm not allowed to post it online at this point.   :(

KBCraig

I like some techno, and some trance. It reminds me of what I coined "Euro throb" in the mid-80s when I was stationed in Germany, because there wasn't an American term for the custom DJ mixes being played in the discotheques there.

I look forward to hearing Amethyste's new work. I've enjoyed everything that's been posted thus far. She reminds me of Sarah Brightman, especially the "Eden" album.

I'm very eclectic in my tastes, and I don't pay much attention to popular radio. I don't have a huge collection, but my iTunes library shows 1396 songs, total play time 3 days, 18 hours, 49 minutes; that includes my ripped CD collection and a modest 122 songs from the iTunes Music Store (mostly the free weekly downloads). I've got another 30-40 hours' worth on vinyl that I've never ripped to digital, but I hope to get around to that, someday.

Scrolling through the artist list, picking a few random names:
A Flock Of Seagulls;
Aaron Neville;
Alvin Slaughter;
Anthrax;
Asleep At The Wheel;
Bad Company;
Bill & Gloria Gaither & Their Homecoming Friends;
Ceredwen;
Clint Black;
Creed;
Cyndi Lauper;
DC Talk;
Dire Straits;
Earl Klugh;
enigma;
Eric Clapton;
Evanescence;

.... Well, you get the idea. A few more favorites off the top of my head: Jerry Jeff Walker, Jennifer Rush, Loreena McKennitt, Sarah McLachlin, Leo Kottke, Rush, and, most especially, Stevie Ray Vaughn.

Yeah, I've got room for techno.  :)

Kevin

AlanM

Mike, when are we going to get more songs from Amethyste?  :) I know you mentioned there were more to be uploaded.  ;)

Michael Fisher

Quote from: AlanM on August 28, 2005, 10:30 PM NHFT
Mike, when are we going to get more songs from Amethyste?? :) I know you mentioned there were more to be uploaded.? ;)

Sorry, Alan.  I'm working on it.  :)

Wow!  They've already created 4 different versions of the techno-opera single she's on!   :o
I can't upload this song, so we'll have to hold a listening party if you want to hear it.  Or you'll have to buy the CD.  Doh!
Luckily, I hear the CD will only be about $4.   :)

Michael Fisher

Quote from: LeRuineur6 on August 29, 2005, 03:18 PM NHFT
Wow!? They've already created 4 different versions of the techno-opera single she's on!? ?:o

Make that 7 remixes.   :o

Amethyste

Wow....

*HUGE BLUSH*

I didn't know there was a thread about me in here.... I don't know what to say!?
Funny what you can find on Google when you type your name lol....? ;D

Anyways.... I am collaborating with a new Label ( I cant mention them right now ) as of right now, and I am devoting a lot of my free time to work closely with the music producer from the Label. He mostly does Trance/Dance/Techno. Somehow, he found my voice interesting and well suited for this type and I didn't believe him at first. But after hearing the first song "Will You be there", I think I can manage! This genre of music is not as popular in the US as it is in Europe. But my singles will be distributed in Clubs through DJs and also will be available for purchase in November/December. I'll keep you guys posted on newest events as they come :)

I am thinking eventually I would be able to sing for people - I am still REALLY shy about my singing and I think I'd die doing it in front of people. It's something I need to work on I guess. As of right now, all my recordings are done on a home computer and I mix everything myself. It's not professional grade, but its a learning experience. THank you for your support, I am a starving artist, but its aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall good ;)

LOVE YOU ALL!!! THanks for listening!!!

PS: I will ask my producer if I can upload a demo of one of the songs ( they are 1/2 done remixes ) so you guys can get a taste of what I am working on. BUT you'll have to promise me that you'll buy the cds when they come out ;)

I also re-did a lot of new recordings of old ones... i'll have Michael re-load a new one of O Mio Babbino Caro - I'll remember is actually pretty decent too. I am going to work on Nobody does it better this week.... Should be online shortly :) Classical is still my first love :)

-=Amethyste

AlanM

Amethyste, when you get a recording available, we could sell it at the Arts Festival.

Michael Fisher

OMG guys, they're allowing us to post short previews of certain mixes of the two songs she has recorded under her new label!? ?:o

These are not the main songs, only remixes of them, but they speak for themselves!

(unnamed artist) featuring Amethyste - Will You Be There [Preview Mix]

(unnamed artist) featuring Amethyste - Release Me (Sunset Mix) [Preview]

I had to remove the name of the label because it is supposed to remain anonymous for a while for a specific reason...

AlanM

AlanM

My favorite is still "The Prayer".  :)

Amethyste

Ian and I are really good friends. He lives in Australia. So it would be hard to have a live perfromance together lol... :)

KBCraig

Quote from: LeRuineur6 on September 05, 2005, 10:35 PM NHFT
OMG guys, they're allowing us to post short previews of certain mixes of the two songs she has recorded under her new label!   :o

Those are fantastic!

I can see why they chose her; her voice has a certain timbre that goes very well with what they're doing.

In the second one, the stereo chorus with a hint of delay between channels works great!

Heck yes, I'll buy them when they come out!

Kevin

Amethyste

Hey guys... :)
Here's another song that we made - its a remade of a 1986 Madonna's song: Live to Tell.
Brings back GREAT memories - I graduated that year!!! Oh the horror!!!!
I have the original on my website but this one is re-mastered... it's actually pretty good :) Since it's going to be an official release - all I can offer is a 2min preview. Hope you like it.

Unfortunately, I didn't have the chance to have Michael to load the song on the website.. The link will expire in 10 days!!!! Anyhow, here it is... ya can d/l it through this link:

http://s38.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1WVE1ZNQE20831FQRUDKH95NA7

Also, I just did "Nobody does it better" - here's the link for you to D/L in its entirety- I even did the harmonies in the end:

http://s38.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1JK06677LOSNI25MYEMK43KTV8

Here's? "Moon River" on a jazzy arrangement - fairly short. I actually love this piece. :)

http://s38.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2Z65FU16DT48Y0JMX2U5CORERB

Here's "Nella Fantasia" Re-done. A song about Freedom and Liberty - in Italian, but ohhhhh so pretty.:

http://s38.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3P3XRDV01P1UP26TDENE7AYXQG

Lastly, O Mio Babbino Caro - Re-done. I redo songs often... I am too picky :P :

http://s38.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=022C501VK5CD303BSONF5RWAM9

THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT!!!! Let me know your impressions!!!! HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!!!

-=Amethyste