• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Please post frugal living tips

Started by porcupine kate, December 01, 2007, 09:06 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Raineyrocks

Quote from: elf on December 16, 2007, 12:34 PM NHFT
good entertainment, great exercise, social skills builder, cheap equipment, and FUN!   

Game 1: one soccer ball, a handful of people in the street.   Fun.   

Game 2: a nice stick, a sphere made of old gloves, wrapped tightly with packing tape.  A handful of people in the street.  More fun.

Game 3:  scavenger hunts ... make up a list.  Hit the streets.  Are we having fun yet? 

It's cheap.   Not just frugal.   No batteries, no electricity.   Just pure fun.   We forgot how to be kids.   Time to learn it again.

Great post and awesome ideas!  In Philadelphia we used to play all kinds of street games it was a blast.  I'm up a dirt road so nobody is around and I miss people. :-\

jaqeboy

Quote from: Jon Maltz on December 14, 2007, 01:11 PM NHFT
Quote from: jaqeboy on December 05, 2007, 12:16 PM NHFT
Buy your organic foods through a co-op. Usu. have to buy canned things and some boxed things by case lot, but they often make the case size small, like 6 or so. Also can buy lots of items by onsies.

Northeast Cooperatives in Brattleboro used to be the big warehouse operation, but I think there was a merger and it's now called United Buying Clubs. My local health food store, Earthwards in Amherst, does a coop buying club, as well as the retail store operation. Order and pick up twice a week.

PS: they carry the deodorant stones
UBC sent me a catalog and list of people running buying clubs in NH.  You gotta know what you want, that thing is just line item after line item.

Yeah, know what you mean. A good way to handle that is to either go to The A Market in Manchester (off of So. Willow Street) or Earthwards in Amherst on Rt. 101A and ask them what the items are or tell them what you want and they'll help you identify which line item that would be. Earthwards also runs a buying club out of their store and they do orders & pick-ups 2X per week. It does take a little guidance to get started with that catalog and it helps to be talking to someone that knows how to read it. You can also buy this month's copy in the store (Earthwards) instead of subscribing. I know that store is a haul for you, but it helps sometimes to see the actual item on the shelf there before ordering. Once you get going, you learn the catalog and what you're usually going to order. There are some tricks to learn - be sure to watch for the exact order # - sometimes you can end up with a case of something you only wanted one of! Then you just swap items to someone else that has excess of one of their items.

Lloyd Danforth

Mostly for the ladies.

A good mask can be made from  Cornstarch and Eggwhite mixed into a pudding like consistancy. . You put it on your face and allow to dry and leave it on as long as you can stand it ;D  It shrinks fast and draws crap out of your pores.

Kat Kanning

I'm so frugal I don't even know what a wii is.  :-\

John Edward Mercier

I know it involves to Japanese guys in a SMART car.
Most of the adults around here play darts or cards in the winter.

jaqeboy

Speaking of the SMART car, I hear they're going to be released in the US soon. I don't know how they were able to meet the crash safety requirements.

http://www.smartcarofamerica.com/ - 70mpg diesel (3.3 liter/100km), US intro January 2008 - order in advance $99 reservation payment.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Kat Kanning on December 17, 2007, 05:28 AM NHFT
I'm so frugal I don't even know what a wii is.  :-\

Yeah I didn't know until my grandson's father kept saying he was playing with his Wii and I said who gives a shit, can't you keep that stuff to yourself! ::) :)

Beth221

Quote from: Lloyd  Danforth on December 16, 2007, 05:28 PM NHFT
Mostly for the ladies.

A good mask can be made from  Cornstarch and Eggwhite mixed into a pudding like consistancy. . You put it on your face and allow to dry and leave it on as long as you can stand it ;D  It shrinks fast and draws crap out of your pores.

i know more guys around here who needs to draw the crap out of their pores! 

Lloyd Danforth

I remember doing this with my sisters and her friends.  When the stuff dries it feels really weird

kola

SMART car= ID chip=big brother surveilance  :'(

drive a 56 impala or a 1964 chevy pickem up truck... no chips... other than paint.

cruisin in colorado kola

jdemers

Back to the deodorant topic from page one, Tulumba.com is a great source for those stones, alum blocks, and these are dirt cheap!  $2 a piece makes them a steal.  I have been using my first one for over a year now, both for shaving and deodorant.

http://www.tulumba.com/storeItem.asp?ic=BB547960UD875

kola

Quote from: Beth221 on December 18, 2007, 08:42 AM NHFT
Quote from: Lloyd  Danforth on December 16, 2007, 05:28 PM NHFT
Mostly for the ladies.

i know more guys around here who needs to draw the crap out of their pores! 

i wonder if it will help for butt-zits.  ;D

Kat Kanning

Do you have a butt zit problem, kola?

Amos Keag

I'll bet it's all those clean towels...

Russell Kanning