• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Free Stuff

Started by kola, December 03, 2007, 09:47 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

kola

FLASHBACK TO THE 60's:

Abbie Hoffmans, Steal This Book...its all about getting FREE stuff!!

http://www.tenant.net/Community/steal/steal.html

heres a sample:

In restaurants where you pay at the door just before leaving, there are a number of free-loading tricks that can be utilized. After you've eaten a full meal and gotten the check, go into the restroom. When you come out go to the counter or another section of the restaurant and order coffee and pie. Now you have two bills. Simply pay the cheaper one when you leave the place. This can be worked with a friend in the following way. Sit next to each other at the counter. He should order a big meal and you a cup of coffee. Pretend you don't know each other. When he leaves, he takes your check and leaves the one for the large meal on the counter. After he has paid the cashier and left the restaurant, you pick up the large check, and then go into the astonishment routine, complaining that somebody took the wrong check. You end up only paying for your coffee. Later, meet your partner and reverse the roles in another place.

Kola

ancapagency

Sounds like theft to me.  And theft is usually an initiation of aggression.  I make it a point to steal only from the enemy.

Faber

That seems a lot like straight-out theft of goods and services.  Big ol' violation of basic morality.  Maybe that's what the 60s was all about, though ;D  I'm sure it's no coincidence that there was a growth of government theft at the same time.

srqrebel

Quote from: Faber on December 03, 2007, 10:16 PM NHFT
That seems a lot like straight-out theft of goods and services.  Big ol' violation of basic morality.

Absolutely.

Kat Kanning

Agree.

If you want free stuff that people are giving away, here's a great place:

http://nh.craigslist.org/zip/

John

Quote from: Kat Kanning on December 04, 2007, 07:56 AM NHFT
Agree.

If you want free stuff that people are giving away, here's a great place:

http://nh.craigslist.org/zip/

THANK YOU KAT!

As far as the original idea of this thread; I once told a young - and much bigger than I - punk at work, who was bragging to/around me about ripping people off through deception, that I have even much less respect for that than someone blatantly sticking a gun in my face and robbing me  - man-to-man.

kola

craigs list is free to put ads on?? whoa!!

kola

Kat Kanning

Yessiree, and you don't even have to trick them  ;)

John

BTW - I don't know if that punk ever changed his ways but, he surely stopped bragging about his cowardliness around me.

elf

I just plastered Craigslist with the rest of all my stuff staying behind.  Yes, you can write up "freebies" ads. 
Dangit, if I can ever get my things sold,  I'm ready to head north outta the Everglades. 
Maps are on the visor, new tires on the truck, my overnight bag is already packed.
Sooooo frustrating to sell things piecemeal when I'm so anxious to get moving.

Christmas, if this stuff is still sitting here, it's going to Goodwill as a donation. 
I'm not using up any more time waiting for the local millionaires to paw over everything,
and play, "Let's make a deal". 

John

Quote from: elf on December 04, 2007, 01:05 PM NHFTI'm ready to head north outta the Everglades. 
Maps are on the visor, new tires on the truck, my overnight bag is already packed.
Sooooo frustrating to sell things piecemeal when I'm so anxious to get moving.

We are waiting to welcome you Home!

Kat Kanning

ancapagency

Quote from: John on December 04, 2007, 12:11 PM NHFT
As far as the original idea of this thread; I once told a young - and much bigger than I - punk at work, who was bragging to/around me about ripping people off through deception, that I have even much less respect for that than someone blatantly sticking a gun in my face and robbing me  - man-to-man.

One of the things that really impressed me about the folks at the camp I work at during the Summer is an incident in which a boy was talking about how cool some particular act of theft was that his brother or friend or someone pulled off (and it was obvious he didn't really consider it theft per se).  The program director said to the boy, after the boy tried telling it a couple different ways in order to get him to agree that it was cool: "It doesn't matter how you explain it, you will never get me to agree that stealing is okay."

Faber

ancapagency

The Mayhew Program, in Bristol, NH