• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Living Free On A Shoestring

Started by srqrebel, December 05, 2007, 12:51 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat K

Quote from: srqrebel on January 27, 2008, 12:36 PM NHFT
Quote from: Pat K on January 27, 2008, 12:21 PM NHFT
Yeah, I am coming over, Make some soup.  ;D

Okay, but unfortunately we'll have to make do without the garnish.

There is no poison ivy available till springtime ;D

What!! No poison Ivy, I cannot attend under such barbaric conditions!

srqrebel

...hmm, there's always Ivy and jello :D ;D

Russell Kanning

so menno has survived so far ... I guess he is set for this winter :)

TackleTheWorld

February's almost over.  We have no weather reports from the rebel.  I expect he's doing OK, but the seacoast folks are getting all the glory with their recent polar bear swim.

srqrebel

lol... this winter has been so mild there is nothing to report.  In fact, after you offered to do a video report on it, the temps have not even dipped to zero... I figured it would not make much of a point to say, "Look, this guy is sleeping outdoors, and it's 20 degrees out".

...except for the Florida wusses.  Just the thought of 20 degrees, even with a warm fireplace to retreat to, gives them chills >:D

I have a cozy sleeping bag.  The only physical discomfort I experience from my chosen lifestyle, is being momentarily exposed to the cold when going to bed, and again when getting up.  So, I have to agree, those seacoast guys definitely snatch the prize for being the most hardcore!

Russell Kanning

I sleep in 55-60 degree weather ... 20 degrees would be a big change

sfchik

Well thank you for the introduction, and how do I show my appriciation, by not replying for almost two months, sorry. I can't say that I am one of you because I don't even know what WSPQ is.

So please explain how I am one of you, other than the fact that I have a big mouth and strong opinions, lol. Well I am guessing that winter is almost over for you and I hope you fared well.

So to the guy that would like to hear of embarrassing stories about our dear friend, I can't think of one at the moment, it was usually me who shoved my foot in my mouth. But when I first started talking politics with him I thought he was crazy. Bear in mind this was before the "08" campaign when he started talking about the lib. party. I was not a supporter of Bush and was a supporter of how the country was run while Clinton was in office, please don't hunt me down and shoot me, lol. Menno's thoughts and beliefs seemed like a fantacy and I just thought he was caught up in some kind of political cult when I was the one thinking small and narrow minded. Menno eventually sparked my curiosity and I actually started looking into our govermnents role into our lives, quite scary.

sfchik

Sorry still trying to learn how to use this thing, ignore my last post/nonpost. I was trying to quote something, it did not work.

"except for the Florida wusses.  Just the thought of 20 degrees, even with a warm fireplace to retreat to, gives them chills >:D "

Menno, you are giving us Florida folks FAR too much credit, we grab the jackets and turn on the heat when the temp hits 60 degrees. At 30 degrees, well let's just say it is a sad sight to see. Winter is the reason why we haven't moved out of state. We have the option of going to New York for a few months or perhaps permantly in August but the thought of being there when Dec. approaches makes us want to stay here, that and the violence or threat thereof that will come with the job. Although I keep hearing it is a different cold up north, you tell me.

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: sfchik on March 03, 2008, 03:22 PM NHFT

So to the guy that would like to hear of embarrassing stories about our dear friend, I can't think of one at the moment, it was usually me who shoved my foot in my mouth.

Oh...You're that  one!

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Scott Roth on March 03, 2008, 05:51 PM NHFT
"Colder are the politics which ensnare us all...warmer are the hearts of the freedom fighters!"

Sounds like you opened up a fortune cookie! :biglaugh:

Pat K

Quote from: raineyrocks on March 03, 2008, 08:43 PM NHFT
"Colder are the politics which ensnare us all...warmer are the hearts of the freedom fighters!"

sfchik

Quote from: Lloyd  Danforth on March 03, 2008, 04:27 PM NHFT

So to the guy that would like to hear of embarrassing stories about our dear friend, I can't think of one at the moment, it was usually me who shoved my foot in my mouth.

Oh...You're that  one!

Ok now I'm scared, so what has he been telling you about me????

KBCraig

Quote from: raineyrocks on March 03, 2008, 08:43 PM NHFT

"...in bed!"
;D

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: sfchik on March 03, 2008, 11:32 PM NHFT
Quote from: Lloyd  Danforth on March 03, 2008, 04:27 PM NHFT

Oh...You're that  one!

I wouldn't believe anything Lloyd says... some folks think he's crazy... I say it's just Dementia.  :D

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: sfchik on March 03, 2008, 11:32 PM NHFT
Quote from: Lloyd  Danforth on March 03, 2008, 04:27 PM NHFT

Oh...You're that  one!

Just busting Menno's stones and................er.................pulling your leg ;D