• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Natural supplements for concentation?

Started by PowerPenguin, December 02, 2007, 01:28 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

ArcRiley

St Johns Wort.  750mg before bed every night.  Skin turns white, a bit sleepy after taking it, that's the only side effect.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Eli on December 07, 2007, 03:00 PM NHFT
When I was growing up it wasn'y called ADD it was called shut the fuck up and ADHD was called sit the fuck down.  I had fair amounts of each.  MArtial arts, and regular physical activity, have alway been the best medicine.

:biglaugh:  I love it, your so right!  In my kid's old school in Maryland they eliminated recess around 5th grade, the kids had to earn at the most 2 periods of recess a week via good behavior.  I'm so glad I pulled them out.  I remember having recess/outside time in 10th grade in Connecticut.

MobileDigit

Quote from: kola on December 07, 2007, 01:14 PM NHFT
yeah, I guess you believe penn and teller are xperts?

No, but theirs is a much, much more evolutionarily acceptable hypothesis. Why on earth would a creature evolve that absorbed toxins from its own shit?

Then again, I don't know. That's the whole point of science - to figure out what's true.

What i am discussing is just basic anatomy and physiology.

It sounds like you're arguing that common sense trumps science.

When the corporate gov and pharm industry control traditional western modern medicine, do you really expect to see peer review medical studies on alternative health?

Yes, definitely. And I'd expect that the more reliable and scientific the study was, the less of an effect the alternative methods would have, until the best studies showed no effect.

Check out The Skeptics Guide to the Universe.

Eastern medicine, Indian medicine and NA Indian medicine all recognize the liver, kidneys, lungs, skin and bowel function as vital components in the elimination of waste.

But what does science say?

Just because people used to believe that the world was flat does not mean that it was, just as people believing that this alternative medicine works does not make it so.

If it does work though, I am all for integrating it into other scientific medical techniques.

kola

kola: yeah, I guess you believe penn and teller are xperts?

mble digit :No, but theirs is a much, much more evolutionarily acceptable hypothesis. Why on earth would a creature evolve that absorbed toxins from its own shit?
-------------------------------------------------------

The USA is number one in the world in regards to people with colon cancer. Our diet is, by far, the worst in the world.
google "leaky gut snydrome".
google " SAD..Sad American Diet"
Do you know and understand what happens to the digestive tract when things become abnormal?
Do you really want to put your faith in two comedians? ..if so this is the problem in this country. People see it on TV and believe it. Powerful brainwasher that boob tube is.
--------------------------------------------------------------

mble digit: Then again, I don't know. That's the whole point of science - to figure out what's true.

Yes, REAL science and not psuedo-science which there is quite a bit of the latter floating around with big pharm and their corporate powers, lobbying powers and their ability to do their own research. It seems to be pretty hard to get the real truth from anyone. Google " medical research, conflicts of interest".

-----------------------------------------------
kola on Today at 02:29 PM
What i am discussing is just basic anatomy and physiology.

digitmble: It sounds like you're arguing that common sense trumps science.

umm...Anatomy and physiology IS science. OTOH, if something works I could give a rats ass if science proves it or not. ie : gravity existed before it was "proven" or explained...the sun existed and made all life possible but we didn't need scientists to explain us the details and prove it existed.

Quote from: kola on Today at 02:29 PM
When the corporate gov and pharm industry control traditional western modern medicine, do you really expect to see peer review medical studies on alternative health?

dgtmoblie:Yes, definitely. And I'd expect that the more reliable and scientific the study was, the less of an effect the alternative methods would have, until the best studies showed no effect.

Why would a pharm company want to do a study on food? Whats to gain? As far as your statement regarding alternative methods, it appears you are just stating your opinion... AND, the first lesson in REAL research is to have the individuals unbiased. You bad. lol.

==============================
mobiledigit :Check out The Skeptics Guide to the Universe.

ummm check out Stephen Barretts Quackwatch. I would bet it is right up your alley.  :)

Quote from: kola on Today at 02:29 PM
Eastern medicine, Indian medicine and NA Indian medicine all recognize the liver, kidneys, lungs, skin and bowel function as vital components in the elimination of waste.

mobile digit But what does science say?

Science says a lot about these organs being vital elimination organs.,, and science says alot about what happens when we do not eliminate. The science says we die. Its called bowel obstruction, blood septis..which means we poison our blood with our own waste.  I am sure you know that because the experts Penn and Teller probally explained all this...oh no wait they were just there to make some shits and giggles for sheeple but their agenda was to attack alternative heathcare. 

mobiledigit:Just because people used to believe that the world was flat does not mean that it was, just as people believing that this alternative medicine works does not make it so.

I agree. Your point? ..but I would like to add that the power of the mind (and believing) in a very important
aspect in good health and happiness. I wish there was more Western medicine" research into this realm. This is where easterm medicine rocks. (yoga, Tai Chei, Kung fu etc)

Imobiledigit if it does work though, I am all for integrating it into other scientific medical techniques.

If it works who cares? If I have a machine with blinking lights and spinning gizmos and it cures 500 people with terminal cancer would you come for treatment if you had cancer? or would you wait until the science was proven? I am a truthseeker and I would love to see real unbiases science. But it is a shame it is very very difficult to find any truth encompassing almost any topic. Money runs the show. People sell their souls when money is waved in their greedy drooling little faces. As long as people stay sick and alive, pharm companies and all the conventional doctoids will continue to reap profits. A dead patient and a healthy patient makes them no money, Just keep them sick and pretend you are lookinf for "cures"...yeah, yeah thats the ticket. cha ching.

The cool thing is...no matter what...the truth always reveals itself.

Kola