• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

If it's white and powdery it must be Anthrax.

Started by Puke, December 10, 2007, 08:28 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Puke

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/wire/newjersey/ny-bc-nj--hazmat-rocksalt1207dec07,0,3898950.story

QuoteBARNEGAT, N.J. - Police say white powder on an envelope triggered a hazmat scare in Barnegat.
A 32-year-old woman called 911 Friday evening complaining of breathing problems after noticing a white substance on a manila envelope delivered to her house.

The woman was taken by ambulance to Southern Ocean County Hospital in Manahawkin, and the Ocean County hazmat team was called in to determine what the substance was.

The answer: not anthrax, but rock salt.
Police say the envelope apparently picked up a coating from material spread after this week's snowfall.
The envelope contained small toy parts the family had ordered for Christmas.
The woman was examined and was expected to be released.

What an idiot.  ::)

Pat K

Lloyd Danforth

They should have done what I do when confronted by unknown powder. Take a taste and if its not salt, snort a line

Puke

Quote from: Lloyd  Danforth on December 10, 2007, 08:35 AM NHFT
They should have done what I do when confronted by unknown powder. Take a taste and if its not salt, snort a line

Boo-yah!
I suspect this woman watches Fox/CNN too much.

I wonder is she has any powdered sugar, salt, regular sugar, or flower in the house? Making breakfast must be a frightening hell for her.

Faber