• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

My exciting news!

Started by Kat Kanning, June 26, 2005, 02:36 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat K

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on June 30, 2005, 08:31 PM NHFT
Got my first NH warning for speeding today!

UT oh that Kat speed sickness is starting to go round.

Kat Kanning

They didn't give me just a warning  :o  They must have thought Bobbie was pretty or something.

Lloyd Danforth

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on July 01, 2005, 04:43 PM NHFT
Or, way cooperative!
....by offering them a beer.....like the one you were drinking ;)

Lloyd Danforth

Now that would be a bribe!

John

I shot my first deer today.

She was trying to cross the road by the foot-bridge at Abnaki Park, so I stopped to let her pass - as I reached for my camera.
She stood there and looked at me as I lowered the window . . .
She was a bit camera-shy, so I only got one shot (and not a good one - through the window) as she walked away (back into the woods).

Having neglected this small park for a while, I figured, hey this is the right time.  Not dressed for the hiding/hunting, I non-the-less parked and began a steathly walk along the trails. . .

Hey now - I have zero experience with this, but I figured why not see what I can do? . . .

Long-story-short: It took me about 18 minutes to find her and get some more shots (none of them much good) . . . Still shy, she kept running away . . . She was much prettier to see/watch than I am able to record . . .
Yet, I followed and got more shots . . .

I never tracked a deer before - I'm thinking I did OK for an old city boy.
I love trying to "shoot" wild animals!

Animals are cool;D

Lloyd Danforth

I shot a Loon while up in Island, VT last week.  He didn't cooperate either and I didn't get a good shot. He was fishing, so, he was either low in the water with his head out of sight, or, diving.  When you see these things in paintings and nature photos, they're floating swanlike with their white spotted bodies out of the water and their head up.  Not my guy!

Ron Helwig

I once shot a couple bunnies and some chicks.

The brown bunny was really cool when the bullet went through his head - there was ketchup and chocolate everywhere.

The pink bunny didn't deflate very fast, but boy did it fly! Went running after it, shotgun blazing. Took several hits for all the air to get out.

The chicks were stomped on - marshmellow all over the boots.

Tape still exists somewhere, but in BetaMax.

>:D

Pat K

When I used to hunt here, when it was not a giant swath of suburbia, people used to ask me "did you catch any thing".

I would respond no but I did blow the heads off these rabbits.

KBCraig

http://www.breporter.com/

WHERE DID EVERYBODY GO ?? This young cow moose, sighted at Berlin High School on Sunday, is too late for classes for the 2004-2005 school year. Anyone seeing this tardy student please contact the local truant officer.

Kat Kanning

Pat K

That is to cool. ;D

The Moose is on the loose.

AlanM

Question: Does the moose have to go through a moose scan before entering?
Your ID please.

Pat K

No but Moose does have to get Squirl to vouch for him. ;D

AlanM

Quote from: Pat K on July 08, 2005, 01:28 AM NHFT
No but Moose does have to get Squirl to vouch for him. ;D

Oh come on, Pat! Who would believe a squirrel vouching for a moose.  ::)
Can't the moose pull a miracle out of his hat?  ;D