• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

My exciting news!

Started by Kat Kanning, June 26, 2005, 02:36 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Lloyd Danforth

I heard that he pulled Squirrel out of his hat to vouch for him!

jgmaynard

Quote from: Pat K on June 28, 2005, 10:32 PM NHFT
Hey Dave it was just a female deer looking for one of your hugs. ;D

DOE!

A DEER!

A FEMALE Deer!

:D

JM

davemincin

Ok that will be enough out of you Mr. Maynard!  Remember I know where you live!  ;D

BTW Pat if I would have been just a wee bit quicker surely, Miss Bambi would have recieved
a hug! ;)

John

You guys are too funny . . . ;D

BTW, I also shot a loon (at the seacoast) as it was coming in for a landing on rock next to a gull.  Unlike my shots of the deer, one loon shot is "at least" OK - actualy one shot (IMHO) is worth framing.

I can't seem to stop shooting these animals.

I even shot a snake.

AlanM

Loons are amazing. I had a summer camp up west of Augusta, Me. It was a quiet lake so you could hear the loons at night and in the morning. Really haunting sounds, except when they are laughing. Suspect they were laughing at one of Shorty's stories.  ;D

John

I love the sound of Laughing!

Friday

I just saw lightning bugs for the first time in, oh, 25 years?!? They are so cool!!  :D I would have spent longer trying to catch one, but I didn't want the other adults to see me and think I was retarded.  :P

Kat Kanning

They're cool!  I wouldn't have thought you were retarded.

AlanM

Quote from: Friday on July 15, 2005, 08:08 PM NHFT
I just saw lightning bugs for the first time in, oh, 25 years?!? They are so cool!!? :D I would have spent longer trying to catch one, but I didn't want the other adults to see me and think I was retarded.? :P

Are lightning bugs what we here in NH call fireflies?

Lloyd Danforth

Retarded would be if you thought you could get enough of them in a jar and read by the light.

AlanM

Pat K

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on July 15, 2005, 10:03 PM NHFT
Retarded would be if you thought you could get enough of them in a jar and read by the light.

You meen ,you can't ?

AlanM

Been trying for years. No luck.  ???

Pat K

You meen the GOV, has not mandated all fire flys to be bright enough to read by, while still being enviromentally friendly?

John

Call me nuts, but while I'm not shooting animals (which is most of the time) I've been shooting plants.  I love shooting mushrooms lately.

Mushrooms are in season right now.  Plus, they are much easier to shoot (you know, the whole not running/flying/swiming/slithering quickly away thing.)   :o